PDA

View Full Version : To those of you that installed a spoiler...

TeKKnoTeKK
08-12-2002, 07:21 PM
I just bought one and I am not really sure the best way to align the holes....seems like I would have to do some measuring or something, what did the rest of you do? Thanks.

damackz
08-12-2002, 10:01 PM
measuring is good lol ;) yeah just get someone to hold it straight, make sure it properly alligned then make a mark with an instrument of ur choice and drill, make sure the spoiler is even and looks straight before any drilling lol

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Is it a factory spoiler or a different one?

If it's a factory one....I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard somebody say once that there were already marks on the inside of the trunk that show you right where to drill. I've never looked though, so I'm not sure.

Otherwise you could take some paint or elmers glue or something and make a ring around the holes on the spoiler, then eyeball it to get it straight before setting it on the trunk. Once you get it straight, set it straight down, and then pull it straight up back off. It should show you right where the holes are to be drilled. Just an idea...

:)

YK86
08-13-2002, 12:03 AM
If it's a 3rd or 4th gen spoiler, check out my site in the how-to section (they are both simular). www.geocities.com/kimurayasu I did a write up with pics. If it isn't, just measure and remeasure until you are sure it's okay. You can always cheat a little and drill the hole slightly larger but don't drill too big.

87accordlx
08-13-2002, 07:04 AM
when i put my spoiler on i used something called t strips, they are little strips of plastic with a nub sticking up in the middle, you put the nub into the screw hole and then align the spoiler on the trunk and tape down the strips, then pull off the spoiler and the strips will still be on the trunk and you just drill through the nub, careful with your drill but i broke 2 quarter inch titanium drill bits drilling through the trunk

TeKKnoTeKK
08-16-2002, 03:47 AM
Got that mofo put on....looks pretty sweet, I am impressed.