PDA

View Full Version : third brake lights

lostforawhile
08-13-2005, 05:48 PM
has anyone on here done any different third brake lights? other then the ones that say 3geez? i had to move mine because of the spoiler and i realized i hadn't even posted a pic on any of my sites until yesterday. for a laugh i saw an accord the other day where they had left the stock third brake light put on a spoiler and hadn't even hooked up the brake light in the spoiler. it looked like they were too lazy to do it. http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_157_full.jpg

lostforawhile
08-13-2005, 11:01 PM
thats cool it'll look better then the plain factory one, are you going to make it flush with the bottom edge of the window?

2drSE-i
08-14-2005, 05:36 PM
i wanna alter the 3GEEZ one and make it say SE-i.....cuz it wud be cooler

lostforawhile
08-14-2005, 05:47 PM
i have an idea how you could do that,make a piece of plexi that will fit over the brake light lens,have a decal made that says se-I,put it on the plexi where you want it,now paint the plexi silver first to block light,now paint it black. peel off the decal and where the decal was it will shine through red from the original lens behind the plexi. :)

b8er
08-14-2005, 10:23 PM
why doesnt somebody who knows how to wire LEDs and what not and take out the internals for the stock 3rd light fab up some LEDs saying 3GEEZ or Accord or whatever then stick it in the fatury holder type thing, has this been done?

Strugglebucket
08-15-2005, 12:28 AM
there was somebody who made a 3geez template that went over the stock light.

here: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=38263&highlight=brake+light

TheWatcher
08-15-2005, 04:10 AM
It's best to keep it stock.

Something like the skull in the pic is just an excuse for the cops to pull you over and hand you a ticket for obstructing you view.

If you are gonna change the third brake light, make sure it doesn't obstruct your view/give the cops a reason to pull you over.

Peace.

Cheeseburger
08-15-2005, 05:42 AM
It's best to keep it stock.

Something like the skull in the pic is just an excuse for the cops to pull you over and hand you a ticket for obstructing you view.

If you are gonna change the third brake light, make sure it doesn't obstruct your view/give the cops a reason to pull you over.

Peace.

true that

lostforawhile
08-15-2005, 01:58 PM
true thatlast cop who pulled me over said it was cool. it really doesn't obstruct my view much i can see out the bottom of the window fine. actually you don't even have to have a back window,you can buy vans where you can't see out of the back.