PDA

View Full Version : Radiator removal problems

Stockli
08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
I searched the forum and read the howtos, but I still can't get the radiator out.
I removed the mounting screws, the transmission cooling lines (2), upper and lower radiator hoses and two electrical connections from the bottom. Am I missing something?
The radiator is jammed at an angle. I'm pulling as hard as I can and it won't budge. There's a mess of very stiff lines on the right in the area where the air compressor/power steering is.

What's going on?

Thanks

A20A1
08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
you pull straight up... how come it's stuck at an angle?

Those stiff lines are probably part of the A/C condensor... the condensor is in front of the radiator.

Stockli
08-16-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure why it's stuck, you have to angle the top to get it past the metal over top the radiator, right? Well that's where it's stuck right now. Is it normal for it to get stuck on the condensor?

Thanks, man.

A20A1
08-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Oh my,

You remove the metal on top of the radiator.

When you try to remove the beam/brace above the ratiator you may find that it gets stuck... this is because the hood latch by the radiator has a metal brace that runs down to a beam near the base of the radiator... and bolts to the beam.

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4479

Stockli
08-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Damn, really? I was thinking of taking it off, but it didn't seem like it was supposed to come off because of the rubber stripping there. Man I'll feel like a dumbass if it comes right off. Let me grab my shop light and see what I can do

A20A1
08-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I posted a pic in my post above yours.

Yeah get a knife and cut the stripping where the metal brace ends

Stockli
08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks man, got it out. Didn't see anyone mention that (too obvious??) and thought they were somehow getting it out without taking the brace off. It's all the EGR tube's fault, anyhow...

You're the man