PDA

View Full Version : no constant power for clock or cd player

munkeexxx
08-12-2002, 09:08 PM
the constant power in my car is messed up, i dunno whut happened. i was putting in a new cd player with a wiringharness but the deck would not turn on. we figured out that it wasnt getting constant power so i ran a power line from the battery, but my clock is messed up now...the time will stay the same as ling as the cars not off for more than 10 min. but after that it resets to 1 o clock...any i deas on how to fix it?

thanx

Jareds 89 LX-i
08-12-2002, 09:35 PM
Have you checked ALLLLLL your fuses? Under dash and under hood....

If you need any help...just holla!

TeKKnoTeKK
08-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Check your #14 fuse under the hood, the ECU/clock fuse.

MoonScryer
08-13-2002, 05:23 AM
Why did you run a constant to the battery??!? I mean, I can understand for the memory and all, but there is one on the OEM radio harness. Just find it in the Helm of Chilton manual, and wire into it. It'll be in the bundle in the radio hole/area.

munkeexxx
08-13-2002, 09:32 AM
i ran a memory wire because the wiring harness memory wasnt working but ill go check that #14 fuse... hopefully that will work

thank you

88bluelx
08-13-2002, 07:16 PM
I'm 99% sure its the fuse under the hood. When putting in my deck I blew that one too. Make sure when you try to put your deck in that the battery is disconnected. If you just try to plug in the new harness to the old one it will blow. Good luck

88' Accord Ltd
08-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Im sure its the fuse under the hood like the other guys said, i just finished installing a deck in my car and i blew that fuse, same problems as u had with the clock not working and the decks constant not working either. I had to replace the fuse under the hood (ecu/clock). Its a 10 amp fuse i believe.

munkeexxx
08-13-2002, 09:04 PM
ok thats cool my clock works now but i still cant get a constant for my deck? whut to do? oh yeah does anyone know why my cigarette lighter doesnt work?