PDA

View Full Version : Ok I have a new Carb with a question

ambrosia530
08-20-2005, 10:04 AM
On the back there is 2 nipples where there was one on the old carb which on do I plug the top one or the botton one? I am working on getting it on at the moment. Thank you for your help.....
:sad2: :uh:

A20A1
08-20-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm totally lost by your post...

What are the white painted on numbers labling the vacuum lines?

Is it:
- B
- C

look on the vacuum lines to find the number or letter...
If it's not on the vacuum line then follow the vacuum line until it meets the metal vacuum line... the metal vacuum lines have white plastic tabs with black printed numbers or letters on them.

ambrosia530
08-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Ok on my old carb it only has one vacume running to this and this one has two spots for it to run too. the number is hang on I am going to go look I am in the house. Ok it's either 30 or 31. The little white number square fell off the the vacume line. I am going insane cause like I said the old carb only has one that goes into it and the new one has two I think the one to close is the back one cause the line reaches the front one.
Thank you.

ambrosia530
08-20-2005, 01:02 PM
What is the best way to close off the vacume line??????

A20A1
08-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Ok on my old carb it only has one vacume running to this and this one has two spots for it to run too. the number is hang on I am going to go look I am in the house. Ok it's either 30 or 31. The little white number square fell off the the vacume line. I am going insane cause like I said the old carb only has one that goes into it and the new one has two I think the one to close is the back one cause the line reaches the front one.
Thank you.

Well the diaphragm is the A/C idle boost diaphragm... some carbs had a spacer to add an extra vacuum port. The rear port is the one you want to use. You could remove the spacer that has the extra port on in and bolt the diaphragm back together, Then it would be the same as your old carb.

To plug:
It sould use a 1/8" rubber vacuum cap.

The larger more common vacuum ports use a 5/32" rubber vacuum cap

I think you could get away with using the port on the spacer...

ambrosia530
08-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Thank you for the input there. What also could cause it after it warms up just to not idle at all? I feel like an idiot today. Any other carb i would be fine with but these Honda carbs really have my brain stuck.

ambrosia530
08-20-2005, 04:34 PM
I would like to thank you she is running and driving down the road again. One small question when warm she idles at 1500. How to I get that down. I have played with the idle stop screw and that is how I got it down to 1500 but when I try to go lower she dies. Or is 1500 normal???
Thank You Again :bowrofl:

A20A1
08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
it shold be lower... maybe 1000 in gear for auto... or 900.

I wouldn't mess with the throttle stop anymore... turn the screw on the front of th carb (passenger side) counter clockwise, see if that helps drop the idle more.

ambrosia530
08-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Well mine is a manual tran. I know I'm weird. But that is what I like. I must say that I love the gas mileage that I get on this car. Going to my mom's on a half a tank of gas is great. I greatly apperciate everyones help with fixing my car. You all have been wonderful. Thank you.
:bowrofl: :rockon:

ambrosia530
08-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Well I have her running yeppy. I now have to fix the exahust some how I blew it while going through the whole carb thing. I ended up putting the carb on that we got at the the salvage yard. The car it came off of had just gotten the carb brand new. Then blew the head and oil was everywhere. I also have to get my driverside axle replaced the boot is completely gone. Does anyone know where to get a cheap speedometer cable?
Thank you all for all of your help I apperciate it greatly....

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2005, 08:20 PM
wow, you had real fun with that. i have the speedo cable if you need one. i think they are $45 from rock auto.

ambrosia530
08-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Yes I do need one. I haven't gotten one yet and I refuse to have any dealing with the Honda dealerships around here anymore.

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2005, 10:11 PM
PM me with an offer. it needs the little clip, i believe. i'll have to check. PM me and we'll talk price.

ambrosia530
08-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Well I am now onto the head. I have watery oil and oily water in my radiator. So I know have to put all the little stuff back on hold while I move on to the big stuff again....