PDA

View Full Version : Part interchange hub/spindle/arm

Oldblueaccord
08-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Well i was changing ball joints and bearings both sides today and I happen to have a complete 1992 Acura integra spindle handy for the driver side(side project ill fill in the blanks someday). for kicks i put it on and for all intense purpose it fits. CV shaft splines where the same and the rim mounted and cleared fine, ball joints, tie rods all work. The arm itself appears a little differant ,the curve, and i think for some reason our hub sticks out farther. Its really hard to tell but I so know that a Type R brake bracket(happen to have one of those too) seems NOT to fit our assembly,rubs our style rotor, but does fit the acura. I did not have a Type R caliper atm to try.

Well I dunno what this means but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I wonder how close the struts are in frnt but Id guess the upper arm is so differant that may make a differance.

wp

gfrg88
08-20-2005, 06:42 PM
so does this mean at all that we can use the integra axles at all or am i totally off topic here:dunno:........

Vanilla Sky
08-20-2005, 06:46 PM
no, but it does mean that we may be able to use integra front knuckles. this opens up some extra brake options.

b8er
08-20-2005, 11:45 PM
keep us informed please, im liking where this is going

Oldblueaccord
08-21-2005, 01:17 AM
so does this mean at all that we can use the integra axles at all or am i totally off topic here:dunno:........

well i can vouch for the hub end being the same not sure about the trany end or the lenght.

and yes this may open up some brake upgrades using junkyard parts :idea:

wp

Legend_master
08-21-2005, 08:51 AM
well i can vouch for the hub end being the same not sure about the trany end or the lenght.

and yes this may open up some brake upgrades using junkyard parts :idea:

wp

well this is good to know, now I dont have to have the axles peiced together for my swap. Great find old blue accord, this could really open up alot of front suspention support for our cars to.

ACE_14
09-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey Oldblue, any new info. on this hub and spindle swap? I've got to do my brakes soon and it'll be nice to go with a big brake kit.

Oldblueaccord
09-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Hey Oldblue, any new info. on this hub and spindle swap? I've got to do my brakes soon and it'll be nice to go with a big brake kit.

Nothing new at this time

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=46033

Struggle came up with this.

wp