PDA

View Full Version : drivers side window

ShimriC
08-22-2005, 05:56 AM
I cant figure out why this thing wont wind up and down,... it tires to but it just wont go. The window is on track but when i press the switch it makes a weird clanking noise and the window starts to jump and attempt to go down/up but it wont. does anyone know whats wrong with this thing???

SteveDX89
08-22-2005, 08:32 AM
The track is lubricated?

ShimriC
08-22-2005, 08:40 AM
The track is lubricated?

hell if i know,... all i know is it doesnt work and it pissed me off to the point where i was kicking the door like a mad man.

SteveDX89
08-22-2005, 12:00 PM
hell if i know,... all i know is it doesnt work and it pissed me off to the point where i was kicking the door like a mad man.

That won't fix anything. Take the door panel off and check to see that the tracks are lubed. They start to get slow and it wouldn't surprise if it stopped completely due to no lubrication.

JFreddy
08-23-2005, 11:18 PM
HEY! finally someone with the same problem as me! its your weatherstripping along the side of the window! its ripped at the bottom (inside the door panel) therefore when the window rolls up, it grabs the rubber on the inside and then it crinches up right by where your mirror is. next time u do up ur window roll it up and watch the rubber weatherstripping and tell me if it crunches up or not (along the front side of the door) basically where you would look at ur mirror. just replace that weatherstripping part, or lubricate it really well, but that is only temporary. and if u hold the window back while ur rolling it up it should help too, is it power windows? mine is....