PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Driver door

Ace
08-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Hello

I am going to the bone yard tommorow to pick up a new drivers door and had 2 questions first one was I drive an lx-i and have power everything is there a main plug to just use to swap the doors?I took a look in the door panel and it seems there must be a main wire the other question is will it be difficult to change my door lock because I want to be able to keep the same handle so my keys still work

1ajs
08-22-2005, 07:36 AM
when your out there take your key with you and try it on the doors that would work to see if it works if your in winnipeg bucks has 5 hondas out there that one has all the doors off alread and theb hindges are gond as well theres its gray to get at the hindges your going to have to unbolt the fend from the car if you can be a nice guy and just take the hole fend off and put it in the back see for the next guy. not sure about how you would discontec the cables though

SteveDX89
08-22-2005, 08:24 AM
All you have to do is swap the handles. Or you can pull the handle off and swap the lock cylinder. That's what I did. Also for the wiring, just pull the harness out of your door and put it in the new door. It will fit no problem. The door harness passes into the car before you can unplug it. You should find it in the kick panel when you pull the carpet back.