PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP!!!

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-22-2005, 08:04 AM
hey guys, i just talked to a shop to have my brakes done including turning the rotors. i told him what i have and he said he thought the rotors didn't come off on these cars. you had to remove the strut assembly and all. then he said something about calling a guy that had a laith(sc) to turn rotors while on the car. what do you guys know about this. i've heard a bunch of you say you've changed your rotors, is he wrong? gotta know, since i start school on the 29th. i know another place where i can get it all done for 149.95 including turning, pads, parts and labor. thanks for your help fellas.

Oldblueaccord
08-22-2005, 08:15 AM
hey guys, i just talked to a shop to have my brakes done including turning the rotors. i told him what i have and he said he thought the rotors didn't come off on these cars. you had to remove the strut assembly and all. then he said something about calling a guy that had a laith(sc) to turn rotors while on the car. what do you guys know about this. i've heard a bunch of you say you've changed your rotors, is he wrong? gotta know, since i start school on the 29th. i know another place where i can get it all done for 149.95 including turning, pads, parts and labor. thanks for your help fellas.

nope they come right off. 2 little phillips screws are on there.

Hes thinking way older Honda accords like first gen.

wp

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-22-2005, 08:31 AM
phew! i was buggin a little bit. i kept sayin to myself, i know a bunch of the guys have done this so they have to come off. the place i'm gonna get it done is the same place i got my tires. they'll have my car on record which is a nice thing, and i like the service. professional and up front, nice place. anyway thanks again. now i won't have to worry about my brakes goin to crap while i'm driving to school. YEEHAW!! redneck moment.

88accordhb
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
yep changed mine like 3 weeks ago, tell him he's an idiot and kick him in the face.

TheWatcher
08-22-2005, 06:58 PM
I would cross that service station off the list. No way would I take my car to someone that stupid.

Peace.

JFreddy
08-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Actually the 4th gens require you to turn the rotors while they are on the car, gotta do it at my mechanics at school and at my work a few times. pain in the ass, but our cars luckily arent like that.

Micah 89LXi
08-28-2005, 12:53 AM
btw...stig indeed...i love that show..top gear forever!

Vanilla Sky
08-28-2005, 02:08 AM
you can still remove them on the 4th and 5th gens. you just have to pull the whole hub. most 4th and 5th gen racers use acura parts to remedy this problem, as they use a more traditional setup, like ours.

BlueBead
08-28-2005, 11:24 PM
.... hmmmm
the guy better not have done a 3g before, or I'd be worried....
the rotors def. come off, so if the guy tries to charge you extra 'cause they don't, you need to 'kick him in the face' for sure
you should get a quote and go somewhere else if its over the $$ of the other place

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM
i ended up going to the other place. the brakes feel way better now. they'd worn down a lot, because basically as soon as i touch the brake pedal now i feel the grip. i'm taking it easy on them for a few days so they can set in properly. thanks for the advice, though kicking people in the face isn't really my style.