PDA

View Full Version : jdm b20a tuning questions for the pros

mykwikcoupe
08-22-2005, 10:11 PM
yep the pros whos knows. Ok so when i first started this project to tune i got a msd 6al, s-afc and a vortech 10:1 fmu. Id like to upgrade to uberdtata and a obd 1 so if anyone want sot make me any offers but anyway. which would be better in the long run and all that jazz. Im going to run a 42/48 50 trim so a little street turbo. Im thinking a small intercooler would be nice. Which map sensor is needed. if i stick with the teg dizzy and a20a intake would the 4th gen map sensor still work? Ive got the turbo, manifold, dp, chaarge pipes without a intercooloer so id have to have new ones made to run a intercooler. Im planning on running 550 injectors and the 255 pump Ive got already. I wont need the FMU right? any help would be cool. Im tired of ready maybe posts. a little help is killer right now. Ive read alot of HMT.com amd am about to start honda-tech.com

shepherd79
08-23-2005, 05:09 AM
i think you better off with OBD1 IMO. Use Hondata to tune it and you should be OK.
If you convert to OBD1 i don't think you will need S-afc or FMU.

mykwikcoupe
08-23-2005, 06:07 PM
so for those that have ornow how to, the things needed are a obdo-obd1 conversion harness, the ecu(p72 or whatever the teg non vtec is), I can use the b20a electronic dizzy right? change some sensor that carot has already issued, thanks agin. and that should be about it huh.

Versanick
08-23-2005, 06:26 PM
S-AFC will give you just as successful results as converting to obd-1 for most practical purposes. If you want to rev higher than the ECU allows, or use some obd1 feature or different piggyback, then you have to convert to obd1.

My advice is go S-AFC, as many a20's have been turbo'd very well with one (including AccordEpicenter's), and if you're using the same ECU to control your b20a, then stick with obd0.

I can't help ya with the other specific questions. The b20a electronic dizzy, however, should be obd1-ready. A quick search should reveal that.