PDA

View Full Version : sq in the accord coupe

mykwikcoupe
08-23-2005, 09:51 PM
So im planning on running my sony cdx-c90 witht the xdp-210 eq, 727 digital mp3 cd changer, jl audio xr 650 in the fronts and vr680 in the rear. Ive got 2 10w7 in the trunk planned powered off a jl 1000/1 others powered from a 300/4. Anyway i dont like not having mp3 search. Is there another new deck that is hgh in the sq range. DONT SAY ALPINE. Ive had very bad luck and have NO intention on even looking. Ive been looking at eclpise decks but none that are really sq ready or not like the cdx-c90.

For those that are going to bash the sony, do some homework most sq cars are still using it. Oh and Im going to be running various CAD sound deadeners 2 layers in the trunk.

Sabz5150
08-25-2005, 07:23 AM
So im planning on running my sony cdx-c90 witht the xdp-210 eq, 727 digital mp3 cd changer, jl audio xr 650 in the fronts and vr680 in the rear. Ive got 2 10w7 in the trunk planned powered off a jl 1000/1 others powered from a 300/4. Anyway i dont like not having mp3 search. Is there another new deck that is hgh in the sq range. DONT SAY ALPINE. Ive had very bad luck and have NO intention on even looking. Ive been looking at eclpise decks but none that are really sq ready or not like the cdx-c90.

For those that are going to bash the sony, do some homework most sq cars are still using it. Oh and Im going to be running various CAD sound deadeners 2 layers in the trunk.

Thank you! Someone's finally with me on the Alpine thing.

The changer I use has mp3 search functions. Granted it's not a top end model, but it fits the bill. Durabrand WMS7100MP3. You can probably find a higher end changer with the same capabilities that would appeal to you better. Twice the fun and none the mess!

I didn't need top end for my changer, I just wanted a jukebox and it works incredibly well for that.

Vanilla Sky
08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
nakamichi. $400 buys thier low-end unit, $1300 buys the high. not horribly sure if they're capable of controlling a changer, or if they even have inputs.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-26-2005, 01:26 PM
^^^ Nak decks sound amazing, but I have seen nothing but bad things on the quality of them... at my last job we had 4 Nak CD-500's go back for warranty in about a month, it was brutal.

IMO for an SQ deck try and get your hands on a Denon, otherwise Eclipse would be my next choice.

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2005, 03:05 PM
that's funny, because 20 year old nak decks are still good decks, whereas any others you've replaced 5 times already. have they just gone downhill?

Hash_man_Se_i
08-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Thats what I was wondering it was pretty bad... I mean when you buy a $900 deck you expect it to be awesome let alone play CD's.
Needless to say quite a few of us at the shop were dissapointed.

mykwikcoupe
08-26-2005, 09:58 PM
well me and alpines just dont coridinate. I just sold me very last one for the 5th time. I keep getting roped into them by people saying 'well they fixed that issue.' I had the 9835. Within the first month it was back in service. They came back saying they replaced everything but the pickup. Literally 10 minutes out of the parking lot that was it. The installer was still in my car listening to it and the sound cut out. A few month later they said they replaced everything except the case. There it sat in my closet till one day I brought it in never installed and siad it brole again. They hooked it up and to my azazment it didnt work. Good guys is great huh!!!! They said theyd swap it out for the newer model. I said keep it give me instore cridit for the original purchase price. I grabbed an eclipse 8455. I have it in the box and since the local good guys is no more im not sure if I want to install it or wait till i get the rest of the system installed first. Whats the overall thoughts of this unit. It seemed killer at the time but I havent looked into real far.

Oh and whats the prefered cabling brand now days. Ive always iked the moster xln601 series but my buddy swears by the audioquest middle series I think its a 3 series or something. There a lot smaller in diameter which has me a little worried but installed right there shouldnt be much interference anyway.

TheWatcher
08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
^^^ Nak decks sound amazing, but I have seen nothing but bad things on the quality of them... at my last job we had 4 Nak CD-500's go back for warranty in about a month, it was brutal.

IMO for an SQ deck try and get your hands on a Denon, otherwise Eclipse would be my next choice.
That's exactly what I heard about Nakamichi from people here (808). :thumbdn: Glad it has been verified by someone else.

I never heard anyone complaining about Eclipse, so that would be my recommendation (I don't know what mykwikcoupe meant by "not sq ready" :dunno: ).

BTW, what's so good about Sony. Every car audio/every forum I have ever read says Sony is mediocre, at best. Here is an example, http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110973.

Peace.

Vanilla Sky
08-27-2005, 03:32 PM
you have to spend a lot on an eclipse to get good SQ. a lot of the lower end decks are no better in features/sq than your pioneers or alpines.

i second the denon recommendation.

what about top-end clarion? i've only ever messed with thier lower ends stuff. panasonic's high end may be something to look at, too.

mykwikcoupe
08-27-2005, 09:55 PM
well im not sure about every maker anymore but if you can think of a deck that has 4 20 bit burr-brown d/a converters let meknow. If you dont know what those are most decks a one one bit or 8 bit d/a convertor to make the cd play. The sony is like major crisp. Id have to agree with all other sony decks but the cdx-c90 is like the best for old scholl and most newer stuff. The only reason im looking at replacing it is because it doesnt have the capabilities the direct scan mp3 files froma changer. My eclipse is pretty nice so ill probably use that for now.

I didnt know denon made mobile audio stuff and I thought nks were like all played out since they really havent kept up withtechnology. Nice but over priced and faulty as a timex.

anyway the accord isnt really a great car to do sq in anyway I just like super clean audio.

Vanilla Sky
08-27-2005, 10:07 PM
a little demanding, eh? i love your style.

i'll edit in what i find later. should be back in about an hour or so with results.

ok, i'm back. i have some that might do, then again, might not.

http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/source_units/DRZ9255.html

that seems to be the only unit i can find that would meet your needs....

TheWatcher
08-28-2005, 03:46 AM
well im not sure about every maker anymore but if you can think of a deck that has 4 20 bit burr-brown d/a converters let meknow. If you dont know what those are most decks a one one bit or 8 bit d/a convertor to make the cd play. The sony is like major crisp. Id have to agree with all other sony decks but the cdx-c90 is like the best for old scholl and most newer stuff. The only reason im looking at replacing it is because it doesnt have the capabilities the direct scan mp3 files froma changer. My eclipse is pretty nice so ill probably use that for now.

I didnt know denon made mobile audio stuff and I thought nks were like all played out since they really havent kept up withtechnology. Nice but over priced and faulty as a timex.

anyway the accord isnt really a great car to do sq in anyway I just like super clean audio.
DACs are 24 bit now, not 20-bit, your 5 year old Sony C-90 is old technology. Sony's website doesn't even list the C-90 anymore (U.S. product page & support page). :lol:

My HU uses a high-end DSP, so it's capable of things no external DAC can do.

Sony hasn't come out recently with anything that is any good. Hence, their well deserved reputation. :)

BTW, the thread linked to in my last post, mentioned that Denon doesn't sell HU's anymore in the U. S. I don't know if it's true, but it's something you might want to check out before getting a Denon HU (why not keep using the Eclipse that you already own???).

Anyway, I'm sure everything sounds great in your car with the Eclipse.

Peace.

Vanilla Sky
08-28-2005, 03:52 AM
yes, i checked denon's website, and they no longer sell HUs in the US. that's crappy because they are excellent units.

i'm still iffy on that clarion. i know the clarion of 6-7 years ago would break like the alpine that he had the abd experience with. from what i understand now is that the new clarion decks are on par with panasonics in reliability.

one deck that used to be pretty good on the SQ front for the price was blaupunkt. they don't seem to offer any high end units like they did at once. i heard that the old blau units had problems with MP3s, though. that's something i wouldn't deal with myself.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-28-2005, 09:52 PM
you have to spend a lot on an eclipse to get good SQ. a lot of the lower end decks are no better in features/sq than your pioneers or alpines.

i second the denon recommendation.

what about top-end clarion? i've only ever messed with thier lower ends stuff. panasonic's high end may be something to look at, too.

even the entry level eclipse decks come with 5v rms preouts, and I have heard many comparisons and they sound much better then any of even the mid-or some highend alpine/pioneer etc.

The high end clarion decks are very nice, 24bit DAC especially something like the 9255 that deck is amazing. And from my experience clarion decks are bulletproof.

And denon no longer sells their decks in north america, but you can still get ahold of them sometimes.

Personally I am going to be using an Alpine DVA-7996 which I picked up recently, amazing deck and I have had excellent experiences with alpine myself.

Oh and whats the prefered cabling brand now days. Ive always iked the moster xln601 series but my buddy swears by the audioquest middle series I think its a 3 series or something. There a lot smaller in diameter which has me a little worried but installed right there shouldnt be much interference anyway.

I am personally I monster fan myself... But the new Audison Connection stuff is pretty nice aswell. I am going to be using the Audison Connection Sonus line in my car for now, and we'll see how that goes... might switch back to monster next year for their built in time alignment in some lines.
For power wire I am using monster though, but the Connection power wire is really nice too.

shepherd79
08-29-2005, 03:52 AM
i am not sure about you guys, but i had all Alpine system in my car for over 3 years. never had any problems. Alpine deck was the best deck i have ever had.
Never had any problems.

88eyeguy
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM
never had a problem with either of my Alpine's (first was a cassette w/ cd changer, now i have a 9821). my only problem is the road noise generated when i put the top down on my 240. i had the same setup (minus the subs) in my accord, and i was always very pleased with it.

on the high end of the scale, clarion has some great decks. you should definitely look into their line of decks as well as denon, if you can figure out a way to get one shipped to you in the u.s.