PDA

View Full Version : Transmission installation tips please

ABC
08-24-2005, 05:46 PM
A while back, I posted about the teeth on the ring gear of my torque converter breaking. Well, today I finally got around to dropping my auto tranny to change out the T/C. However, the problem I have now is that I can't get the transmission back in. I was messing around with it for like a good 2 hours and couldn't get it lined up. Does anyone have any tips to align the transmission. I'm only using a hydraulic floor jack to install it because I have no access to a cherry picker or a trans. jack. I'm close to getting it on but the alignment is just slightly off. So does anyone have any tips to offer me?
Thanks!!

Vanilla Sky
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
when i did this, a buddy and i lifted it into place. i was under it, he lifted from the top. we got it onto the guides, and put a couple bolts in, then tightened them all down.

ACCORD1.8CARB
08-24-2005, 07:48 PM
yep what he said. sumtime it wont slide right in so get it on where u know its lined up right and put sum bolts in and when u tighten them down itll pull the tranny into the engine. i should know had 2 drop my tranny 3 times and no i can take 1 out and put a new 1 in in a day so.