PDA

View Full Version : damn light

accord_rcr
08-25-2005, 12:50 PM
why is it that whenever i brake too fast or i hit a bump, the seat belt and the open door light come on and also that annoying beeping? i need help, its very annoying

lostforawhile
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
what kind of car do you have? it might just be a misadjusted switch at one of the doors.

accord_rcr
08-29-2005, 09:47 PM
i have a 2-door 88 accord lxi. u think that could really be it?

lostforawhile
08-30-2005, 12:25 PM
the reason i asked what kind of car it was is that some of the lxis had a combined seatbelt and door alarm. it's probably a loose door switch or the switch in the seatbelt could be bad. does the dome light flash when the buzzer comes on? like the door is open?

NotSeen2000
09-22-2005, 04:47 PM
my car does the same thing. i hate that crap!! how do u get ri of it? i hav an '89 Lx-i. mines does the same his probaly does and that light comes on

accord_rcr
12-08-2005, 09:03 AM
yeah, the dome light comes on. i hate that shit.

Kabuki
12-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Buy a new switch. They are about $12.

lionel
12-11-2005, 10:00 AM
it's kind of a late reply but i had the same thing. It was due to the door moving a little bit with chassis movement when closed. This can be a consequence of slack in door hinges or wear.
So first check/repair door hinge and then adjust the door striker on the car so that it prevents movements of the door.

Hope this helps

gfrg88
12-11-2005, 06:36 PM
hey accord rcr, come check out the so cal azusa canyon meet thread, maybe you can show up to meet us and check out cars

lostforawhile
12-11-2005, 06:46 PM
I have the same problem with the dome light from time to time,I am going to have to modify my door hinge pins to be able to repair it. the repair kits are supposed to be unavailable anymore,a universl repair kit for a ford mustang two door looks like it can be modified,it comes with new bushings and a pin,the pin will have to be shortened and the hinges will have to be redrilled and reamed for the new bushings,but i think it will work.

DBMaster
12-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Lionel hit it dead on. You probably just need to loosen the two large Phillips head screw holding the door striker and move it in SLIGHTLY. Trace around it with a sharpie first so you can have the original position as a reference because you will want to make sure it stays in the same vertical position. Make only slight adjustments. You might have to move it a few times before you get it right. If you move it too much at once you might end up wit a door rattle.