PDA

View Full Version : hood rich lowering.

spanky
08-26-2005, 02:56 PM
ok, i was watching automanic (w/ bill goldberg) ON the history channel. on the show they were talking about old school lowriders (40-50's era) and they said how they would take a couple of there friends (5-6 pplz) and they would have them push down on the hood/car and while they did that they would wrap a chain around the coil springs and put a bold in between the chain to hold the two ends of the chain together.well my freind in his 92 chevy corsica did this and it worked he got 1'' in front and about 1.5 in rear *note he used two pices of chain on each coil so it wouldn't only pintch one side and make it look crooked.

Vanilla Sky
08-26-2005, 03:03 PM
yeah it would work, but don't expect it to be safe. you're better off just cutting coils off.

Acid X
08-26-2005, 03:44 PM
lmfao.

3G Jester
08-27-2005, 05:35 PM
if you want ghetto ass lowering that wont cost you.....cut your springs. off course that kills the compression of the springs and you will blow your struts and royaly fuck up your suspenssion

frankie89
08-27-2005, 05:35 PM
werd...
yeah it would work, but don't expect it to be safe. you're better off just cutting coils off.

BlueBead
08-27-2005, 07:35 PM
torching totally changes the properties of the spring metal (steel alloy) and you really have no idea what they are going to be like when you are done.... IMO torching is slightly better than cutting, but they are both Ghetto
This is one of those things you have to spend the $$ on new springs if you want your car to survive the drive

lostforawhile
08-27-2005, 07:41 PM
they sell kits at the cheap auto parts stores like auto zone that are supposed to do that,they clamp on to a couple of coils or something like that. I always thought they were stupid myself. they might work on a trailer queen that never gets driven anywhere,but i sure wouldn't trust them on the street. I wonder if the chain idea was where the idea of the hydraulics came from? when the chain broke on one spring and that corner of the car went up.maby someone said hmmmmmm??

spanky
08-29-2005, 04:08 PM
they sell kits at the cheap auto parts stores like auto zone that are supposed to do that,they clamp on to a couple of coils or something like that. I always thought they were stupid myself. they might work on a trailer queen that never gets driven anywhere,but i sure wouldn't trust them on the street. I wonder if the chain idea was where the idea of the hydraulics came from? when the chain broke on one spring and that corner of the car went up.maby someone said hmmmmmm??
the pachuko cars are the old school low riders . when they started geting tickets for the car being to low someone came up with the idea to use hydralics to lower the car and when they see cops they can just raise it to stock ride hight.

NXRacer
08-29-2005, 04:20 PM
i've had both heat shrunk springs and chopped coils and if you're going to go hood rich in the lowering CUT THE SPRINGS.

or better yet, get some cheap coilovers. Its just as easy as chopping the springs and they are just about a dime a dozen these days it seems. I wonder how people ever came up with the idea of doing something so rediculous as chaining a spring down.

lostforawhile
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM
the pachuko cars are the old school low riders . when they started geting tickets for the car being to low someone came up with the idea to use hydralics to lower the car and when they see cops they can just raise it to stock ride hight.
I know it was a joke

87_HaTcH
09-03-2005, 08:46 PM
:bowrofl: Thats a funny concept but not something i would do.
I heard that some people even cut there struts. soo cuting springs :lol:

Cheeseburger
09-03-2005, 09:53 PM
lol...funny shit