PDA

View Full Version : Teg Bumpers???

3_GENCYCO
08-13-2002, 08:37 AM
I WAS WONDERING IF TEG BUMPERS WOULD FIT ON A 3G. IF THEY DO WHAT YEAR COULD I USE???

markmdz89hatch
08-13-2002, 10:38 AM
i don't know the answer to your question, however....

...if I'm right, the 1st gen Teg was built on the 3G subframe, and as a result should have similar mount points for the front bumper. It won't just be a simple bolt on, it'll take some work, but i think it could work out.

winkie45
08-13-2002, 05:03 PM
i was just thinking about that too. my friend has a 90 integra that's sitting in his garage, not running, and the bumper was off the car, and i put it up to my car, and it looks like it would fit if you just cut off a small piece on the top. but, im not certain that it would fit.

shepherd79
08-13-2002, 05:11 PM
everything is possible. long time ago i was think about the same question, but i am sticking with stock bumpers.

Vanilla Sky
08-13-2002, 07:27 PM
i wanna grab the corners off of a ist gen teg and fir them to my car... rumor has it that the rear disks (conversion) would swap over too

Derick

Jims 86LXI HB
08-13-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
i don't know the answer to your question, however....

...if I'm right, the 1st gen Teg was built on the 3G subframe, and as a result should have similar mount points for the front bumper. It won't just be a simple bolt on, it'll take some work, but i think it could work out.

All tegs are built off of civic platforms, they have never been built of any accord platform. Pop the hood on one and you will see the 2 bolt strut mounts from the civic platform. And the 1st gen teg share's the solid rear beam axle of the civic as well. The vigor was the first acura built off the accord platform. That being the case the civic is a much narrower car so the bumper are not going to fit.

2Fast_Fiero
08-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Jims, thats where you are wrong, The 1st gen Integra's were build off BOTH 3rd gen accords and civics, The whole front end of my X Girlfriends integra is IDENTICAL to the front end of my Accord, and I was gonna do the same thing, but I also had another thing in mind for the more "Auto Inteligent" people, the newer Honda Civic CRX's are almost the same as the Accord in the front end, (so says Erebuni Corp.) but if it is anything near the right size, a Honda CRX front bumper could be customized from the middle to fit a Honda Accord, you would just have to cut the bumper in half from the middle all the way down, and fabricate a little extention to make it a few inches wider, I had to do this for one of my customers.

carotman
08-14-2002, 10:00 AM
:D :D

The 3g and 1st gen integra aren't build on the same platform..

The integra uses torsion bars in the front (19mm) while the 3g has regular coils.

The integra has solid axles in the rear while we have independent suspension

The engine doesn't mount in the same place

Why do people think that flip-up lights = Accord 3g???

Jims 86LXI HB
08-14-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
Jims, thats where you are wrong, The 1st gen Integra's were build off BOTH 3rd gen accords and civics, The whole front end of my X Girlfriends integra is IDENTICAL to the front end of my Accord, and I was gonna do the same thing, but I also had another thing in mind for the more "Auto Inteligent" people, the newer Honda Civic CRX's are almost the same as the Accord in the front end, (so says Erebuni Corp.) but if it is anything near the right size, a Honda CRX front bumper could be customized from the middle to fit a Honda Accord, you would just have to cut the bumper in half from the middle all the way down, and fabricate a little extention to make it a few inches wider, I had to do this for one of my customers.

Sorry I'm not wrong, honda doesn't built their cars the way you claim. All teg are 100% civic related and have nothing to do with
accord platforms other than being made my the same company.
Why do you think people have to use 2 crx spoilers, the civic platform is narrower than the accord that's why. READ carrotmans POST for a further explanation.

Doing some research will show you that the track widths for both cars and that the distance between the strut towers is different.
1st gen tegs were built off the 84-87 civic 2nd gen tegs are built off the 88-91 civic ect, no accord bits period. And if you still want to disagree with me their is a 1st gen teg board out their ya know.

carotman
08-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Civic, CR-V and Integra share the same platform

Accord, Preludes and Odyssey share the same platform

Vanilla Sky
08-14-2002, 06:04 PM
back then they had some similarities, and just looking at that might make you think they are the same platform

the accord chassis is also used in the acura MDX and i think the TL

Derick

2Fast_Fiero
08-14-2002, 08:38 PM
I've worked for honda most of my working career...........How long..............4 full years, I had to do this every day, Yes the Teg is more Civic, but YES there are things on it that are compatible with the Accord, and since your calling a ASE Certified Mechanic wrong, I'm gonna call my X over and tear her Integra apart to prove it.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-14-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
I've worked for honda most of my working career...........How long..............4 full years, I had to do this every day, Yes the Teg is more Civic, but YES there are things on it that are compatible with the Accord, and since your calling a ASE Certified Mechanic wrong, I'm gonna call my X over and tear her Integra apart to prove it.

Listen, their's something along the way that you've picked up that is throwing a monkey wrench in your thinking. You must have assumed something that you've taken in as fact. Being ASE Certified isn't going to undo that. Like I said their is a web site just like this one for the 1st gen teg. Go their, I did. Within 2 minutes I have the proof to back up what I'm saying. If I dig deeper it will only back me up more. I will be cutting and pasteing our conversations so far and creating a post in their forums. http://www.g1teg.org/phpbb/

Below you will see links to scans from 2 different magazine articles that talk about the car. They do nothing but talk about how it is based on the civic. You will not find any reference to accord parts being used in any way.

http://www.g1teg.org/history/hondatuning1.jpg

http://www.g1teg.org/history/superstreet2.jpg

read the last sentence
http://www.g1teg.org/history/hondatuning2.jpg
article continues start at top
http://www.g1teg.org/history/hondatuning3.jpg

Here are the specs that plainly show it's civic based
http://www.g1teg.org/specs/

87Hybrid
08-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Sorry to tell you this but there are no interchangeable parts on between teh 1g teg and the 3g civic. I have been building my civic as long as you have been working for honda. I have owned my 3g Accord for 5 years and my 3g civic for 8 years. My civic is in the process of getting a full 88 integra swapover. None of the parts are useful on the Accord except for maybe the headlight motors, just the motors though and not the housings. The rear bumper off of the teg that I still have at the shop is a good 3" narrower than teh bumper on the accord.:wtf:

2Fast_Fiero
08-14-2002, 10:29 PM
I'm just saying that when I look inside the engine compartment of 2 JDM Integra's over where I live and in the engine compartment of my UDSM Accord, I see all sorts of shit that are Identical, The engine, yes thats different, D16 to a A20A, is very different, But things like body components are almost Identical, and why we got into this argument about was about the front bumper. Where things are positioned in the Integra's, I see in the same spot on my Accord. :wtf: Maybe they were salvage and rebuilt a different way by someone a few years ago, I dunno, I just know what I saw. This Accord is my new car, and its my old car lol.

89HatchAzn
08-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Well....I don't know what you all are bitchin' about but....... I think the back bumper of the 90-93 integ will fit on the back of a 3geez hatch. I took a tape measure to both bumpers, and they seem to match up. Just some 411 for the Hatchback users.

carotman
08-16-2002, 04:03 PM
Sorry to tell you this but there are no interchangeable parts on between teh 1g teg and the 3g civic.

87Hybrid, I guess that you mean the 3g Accord :)

MSIAccord_LXi, the enginebay "looks" similar because it's a honda. Everything else will be way off if you take a measure tape.

87Hybrid
08-16-2002, 07:57 PM
Thanks carrotman I did mean the acccord.

89AccordHatch
10-22-2002, 06:23 PM
im in the process of trying to fit a 89 integra{i think} bumper on my car.....i'll let ya know what happens.