PDA

View Full Version : adapting integra struts

cardoc33
08-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Has anyone out there tried to adapt intergra struts? Did a search on this and found nothing. Any thoughts on this?

Justin86
09-10-2005, 10:47 AM
well what year teg shocks. I can tell you that most newer civic/teg shocks will not fit with out some work and the same goes with 90-97 accords. I do have a thread with all the details on it. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=42301&highlight=civic+shocks

cardoc33
09-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Nice thread,lots of info. You accomplished the same thing I was thinking about. Raising the upper shock mount to acommadate the longer strut. I was thinking of 90-93 integra struts. The quick measurments I've done shows the the distance from the pinch fork stop up to the lower spring pearch to be the same as on our cars. Then,do what you did and use either coilovers or lowering springs.
I was thinking of a bolt-on solution, as welding is out fo reach for most people. If I were to develop something, I wonder how many folk would be willing to buy in to this. Cheaper by the dozen, as they say.
From another thread, I understand that 96-00 civic rears are the same as ours. I have not done any mesurments on those, but I will do so,soon.
I will also re-measure the integra struts and will post all numbers here.

bobafett
09-11-2005, 01:46 PM
honestly to me, the only reason to go with teg struts is because they have better options available, but of course u will pay more for them.

so what I would do if i wanted truly good suspension is just get the bilsteins and get them revalved and shortened ,with external dampening adjustments... u will pay about the same as a higher end teg strut, and u are getting somehting that is matched perfectly to your springs / coilovers. :-)

once i get my motor and stuff under control im planning on attacking suspension again... at which point i will ditch my current setup, and go with the modded bilstiens

Justin86
09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
yea thats why I have given hope on the suspension it just takes too much fabing and is not benefitual to the rest of the memebers. The rear civics are an easy 2" shorter if I remember right, so if you have your car lowered a healthy amount like NXRacer the civics rear shocks are a nice fit perferabley the Si

bobafett
09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
<threadjack>

justin im starting to figure out my plan of attack for this obd business, im thinking obd0 dizzy from either a 3g lude, a 4g accord, or a 90-91 civic... and a pm6 socketed ecu. tuned on turboedit

</threadjack>

cardoc33
09-12-2005, 07:43 AM
<threadjack>

justin im starting to figure out my plan of attack for this obd business, im thinking obd0 dizzy from either a 3g lude, a 4g accord, or a 90-91 civic... and a pm6 socketed ecu. tuned on turboedit

</threadjack>

Does this mean you don't want to talk about this anymore?

bobafett
09-12-2005, 07:55 AM
hehe i dont care! ;-) that was just an interjection, im not trying to change the thread, carry on...

cardoc33
09-12-2005, 08:45 AM
hehe i dont care! ;-) that was just an interjection, im not trying to change the thread, carry on...

Sorry, didn't mean to be a b****

Busted_Blue
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
yea thats why I have given hope on the suspension it just takes too much fabing and is not benefitual to the rest of the memebers. The rear civics are an easy 2" shorter if I remember right, so if you have your car lowered a healthy amount like NXRacer the civics rear shocks are a nice fit perferabley the Si

yup. i've done comparisions with the 96-00 civics and 89-91 civic struts and I can tell you the front of the 91 civics fit great even though they are shorter by 2inches. The rears......are far too short on both of them but the 99-00 civic ones are taller than the 91 civics. You can try something with the 99 civic suspension but I think its far too much shit for any worth.

Anyways...i gave up on the suspension idea too. I just FINALLY sold my full bodied coilovers that I thought would work. =\

Just buy some custom bilstiens and call it a day as there is far too much involved in getting a custom coilover.

cardoc33
10-10-2005, 08:58 AM
The first gen integras have a shock in front. Think 90-93 integra. They are closer to ours, but longer. Raise the top mounting point, and they should work.

Vanilla Sky
10-10-2005, 01:39 PM
if you're hellbent on going with teg stuff, if it's too long, why not just buy struts that have been shortened?