PDA

View Full Version : Fuel light, need suggestions

Jdub07
08-13-2002, 09:39 AM
Well my fuel light doesn't work anymore. I have ran out of gas three times in the last 6 months. What I need is a list of things to check and where to check them to get this fixed. The only bother it is cause me is that I want every little thing in my ride to work and its just buggin me that this little light doesn't want to come on. Also my rear defroster works fine but the switch on the dash has a tiny light in it when you push it to the on possition. This light wont come on for me unless I leave the defrost on for some time! Anyone else get this?

DBMaster
08-13-2002, 11:07 AM
I have a good suggestion. Start looking to fill 'er up when she gets to 1/4 tank. I don't think my low fuel light works any more, either, but back when it did I only had it come on a couple of times on really long trips. Old habit of mine to never let it get that low. I have been driving for 21 years and have NEVER run out of gas.

Yeah, I know that's not very helpful, is it?

Jdub07
08-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
I have a good suggestion. Start looking to fill 'er up when she gets to 1/4 tank. I don't think my low fuel light works any more, either, but back when it did I only had it come on a couple of times on really long trips. Old habit of mine to never let it get that low. I have been driving for 21 years and have NEVER run out of gas.

Yeah, I know that's not very helpful, is it?

Your right, wasn't helpful at all. 90% of the time I keep it above a quarter tank like I'm sure the majority of people do. The reason I ran out of gas was to see when and if the light would come on. But thanks for the obvious :p

DBMaster
08-13-2002, 01:14 PM
I let mine get down to about 2 gallons to check it so I don't think it works any more. Could be the bulb, but I doubt it as it hardly ever was on. Probably something in the sending unit, or wherever the bulb gets it's power. I looked at it once in my Honda shop manual and decided it wasn't worth the effort for somethig I really didn't use (like cruise control).

Your response was good considering my goofy post.

ACCORD EX
08-13-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Jdub07

The reason I ran out of gas was to see when and if the light would come on. But thanks for the obvious :p

i think you figured it out by now ! :lol:

MIKE

smufguy
08-13-2002, 03:32 PM
okay, either ur bulb behind the warning signal is blown or ur float in the tank is fucked. check the bulb behind the guage. the light wont work on my 4g either, its a piece of shit. i mean my g3 has its light working fine and my uncle's 4g has its going too. i guess some cars act up, trying to be individualists.

Jdub07
08-14-2002, 01:04 PM
How would I go about checking the float? Wouldn't my needle be effected if the float was fucked? I haven't ever attempted to pull the dash to get behind the cluster maybe I can practice at the junkyard.

netfreak
08-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Hmm if you all have problems with the light then maybe mine is dead too... I've driven with my gas level BELOW the red line and the light has never come on.

I haven't actually run completely out of gas yet tho...