PDA

View Full Version : will the axel off a auto work on a manual

1ajs
08-27-2005, 03:37 PM
today we grabed a axel from the recors off an auto wondering if it will work with are manual no manual ones drivers side ...

FyreDaug
08-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Im pretty sure thats the problem I was having, and im 99% sure they dont work. I got a shaft from a 86 accord, wouldnt fit, took it back, got another one from an 86 accord and it worked fine.

The transmissions are different, I dont think it would work

Pro_Mod_Accord
08-28-2005, 02:32 PM
today we grabed a axel from the recors off an auto wondering if it will work with are manual no manual ones drivers side ...

The passenger side axel will work but the drivers side will not...

My part car is a Standard and I have tried them both....I am actually using the drivers side axel right now off of the standard...there is a 1/8" diff,,so the seal isn't up tight with the shaft...small trany leak when in motion....1qt lost a week////LOL....gonna have to replace it...

1ajs
08-28-2005, 07:12 PM
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2874/axeldriversideauto7cl.jpg
thats what we grabed anyhow will the other thing what ever its called work with are car?

Pro_Mod_Accord
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
OK......sounds like yah want to use this axel....Just to let yah know you can make it work..That's the drivers side..

Remove The end of both drive shafts that enter into the housing for the tranny (this is where the differance is)...Place you exsiting drive axel and place it on the axel from the standard tranny you got from the scrap yard...(I broke mine and was forced to use the end from the standard trany..

when you take the end off:

remove clamp
pull back on boot
end will pull right off
note: be carefull 3 axel bearings might fall out> do not get them dirty

Pro_Mod_Accord
08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
The steering knuckle there will only fit either 86-87 or 88-89...it just depends which year you took it off of...There are 2 differnt types of lower ball joints that are different between these years.

1ajs
08-29-2005, 12:04 PM
i did know about changing the end so if we change that it will work with are car i am guesing

The steering knuckle there will only fit either 86-87 or 88-89 that i did not know not sure what year it came off when we saw it all the bolts had already been taken out so we just took the hole thing

Pro_Mod_Accord
08-30-2005, 12:09 PM
The diff is the size of the lower balljopint hole in the knuckle....I tried to replace the knuckle off of a 87 for my 88 and I discovered the differreance in the diameter of the ball joint hole.....If the CV joint is good on the axel, just remove the clamp pull the end off (removes easy) and replace it with your current end.....Green means go!!!