PDA

View Full Version : Bought new rocker panels and starting 3G restore project.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm going to be starting to fix all of the rust on my accord shortly. Right now I'm ordering new rocker panels ($53 per side). I was going to custom fab some but this seemed better for only about $106 without shipping. (shipping is about $15).

What I'm doing right now is using paper and pencil to trace the body parts that I need to fix and then I will cut the papers out and trace them on some 22 gauge sheet metal and cut them out with a band saw at work. I was going to have my dad do all of this but he says that I'm a good enough welder to do it myself if I wanted. I said sure if I can borrow his welder for awhile.

I'm also probably going to finally do my custom hood cowl I have been thinking about for a long time now.

My dad doesn't have his new garage built yet so the paint isn't going to be pretty until that goes up. But I will need to paint it with something so it wont rust.

I also want to shave the black trim off of the sides of the car aswell. Just need to take the door panels and a couple of nuts off and pop them trim pieces out and bam your almost done :) Then some sanding, welding and it will look 50 times better.

Yeah it's been awhile since I have been online I know. My fiances dad past away in May. Laurie and I bought our house and moved in later in May. And it's been really busy trying to unpack and fix things around here and through a couple of cookouts. And trying to save up for our wedding in Aug. 12, 2006.

And my $$$$ doesn't seem to ever goto things I want to spend it on but oh well I'm 21 years old and have a lot of things to be grateful for.

Money isn't that tight but I pay for all our bills except for groceries. So it's not all that bad.

I'll take some before and after pics of the car.

Oh and I did buy one thing in the past 4 months. Factory Accord Car cover on ebay for $20 + shipping :) Brand spanking new! I guess it retails for over $200 new.

-Mike

2drSE-i
08-30-2005, 09:16 PM
hehe good to see you back.....will be nice to see your new project

totally understand being busy, these bastards didnt see me for 2 months and no1 said a word ::sniff::

gfrg88
08-30-2005, 09:35 PM
is it just me or is there other words that are starting to come up as links like sheet metal :werd:

2drSE-i
08-31-2005, 06:56 AM
i think its just you......you may have that spyware that makes you search on the internet