1ajs
08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
how do you get this kinda dent out
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/332/roofdent5bw.jpg

3gn86lxi
08-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Very carfully.
:kekeke:
No... You can use a stud gun(welds small rods to the car, then you pull with a slide hammer) Or bondo, depends on what you want to spend, or do yourself.

Ludi Mali
08-29-2005, 10:07 PM
flatten the rest of the roof around it so it blends in. Take off your headliner and push it out, or bondo it.

1ajs
08-29-2005, 10:13 PM
stud gun lol never seen one befor anyhow how do you take the headliner out with out destroying it

88Accord-DX
08-30-2005, 12:25 AM
stud gun lol never seen one befor

http://www.eastwoodco.com/images/us//local/products/detail/p899.jpg

Conventional Dent pullers require that you drill a series of holes in the sheet metal, which can weaken the panel. The Stud Welder System spot welds pins to the surface of the metal. Then use the included slide puller to pull the dent out. After the dent has been repaired, simply snip off the pins, then grind off the remainder. The result-a great looking repair with minimal filler use.

3gn86lxi
08-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Take off your headliner and push it out, or bondo it.
Our roof panel is 2 layers of metal, so you most likely won't be able to repair from under the headliner.
You should really just have someone do it for you since it sounds like you are very unfimiliar with bodywork,

1ajs
08-30-2005, 09:51 AM
2 layers think ok txs

i personly am unfamiliar with body work my dad i don't know what he knows

carotman
08-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Well, you don't really care how the second layer looks since it's under the headliner and under the 1st layer.

You can sue the "Ding King" tool to get this out.

1ajs
08-30-2005, 11:31 AM
lmfao dent king is a pos doesd not work i worked at a used car dealer ship last summer as a summer job lets say it did not work worth jack

gp02a0083
08-30-2005, 01:02 PM
yah try mabye useing the stud gun as another member suggested but it u dont want to paint it again i suggest the best possable way is to get the headliner out and mabey push it out , but u could also use the aide of a heate gun and a wet rag , u can heat up or warm up the area and the use the wet rag to contract the metal 7 out of 10 times it will suck itself back into place or very close to it

yah and how the hell did ya get a dent there with out cracking the glass ?

1ajs
08-30-2005, 11:51 PM
that happen 12 years ago when a suden wind storm came up and we put the old grumman 17' canoe on the roof and a gust came and fliped the canoe and it dented the flip up light cover also but we replaced that last year with as far as i can rember the windshield did not get damiged when that happend was replace 4 years after that happend cracks from fock chips did that
sits like that cept we did not have the straps on it like it has on it in that pic was just tied to the tie hooks under the car and no foam cushions either
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1367/canoe15ol.jpg

were planing on coating the rood with the same stuff they do the bed of the pic up trucks with just wana get that dent out befor we do that cause the paint is all cracked on the roof

Busted_Blue
08-31-2005, 12:29 AM
the spot welder gun is the best bet to take that shit out. But that alone still cant make it look nice. Dent King or Dent Wizards can help you out there.

lostforawhile
08-31-2005, 06:41 PM
yah try mabye useing the stud gun as another member suggested but it u dont want to paint it again i suggest the best possable way is to get the headliner out and mabey push it out , but u could also use the aide of a heate gun and a wet rag , u can heat up or warm up the area and the use the wet rag to contract the metal 7 out of 10 times it will suck itself back into place or very close to it

yah and how the hell did ya get a dent there with out cracking the glass ?you need the stud gun to do this,there is roof rail right there,the trick with the heat gun won't work it takes a torch to do that,it's also too close to the glass for that trick. i pulled one there and i used a tool like the stud gun but it welded itself to the panel to pull it out,pull a little twist to remove,pull some more. the stud gun won't hurt the glass because it heats a very small area. if you use a stud gun make sure you disconnect the battery ground first. the trick with that tool is to realize you aren't going to make it perfect,if you pull too much you will bow the metal out and thats much harder to fix. you need to pull it to just below the surface of the metal around it and then fill,don't use bondo brand,use a good quality filler from a body shop. the stuff at nappa was actually much cheaper then the bondo and much better quality. the idea for pulling the dent is mainly to relieve the stress on the surrounding metal,if you don't do that it will never look right and the filer will keep cracking,there is actually a low area and a raised area around it where the metal is pushed up. when you pull out the dent the raised area will go down then you can fill it properly. just don't try to pull the low area exactly back like it was. let the filler finish it off.

1ajs
08-31-2005, 11:16 PM
txs lost for a while your email ya sent me confused me anyhow its runsting just under the windsheild trimp there to were not guna paint the roof were going to put a ruberized finish on it

88accordalltheway
08-31-2005, 11:45 PM
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/1367/canoe15ol.jpg

lol, man just get a freakin truck!!
If i saw you on the road like that id be busting up, haha.

1ajs
09-01-2005, 12:27 AM
why don't we get a truck cause they are pigs on gas!!! this thing is to efeant to through away it is are truck/4x4 so meh

so don't insult the million k 3gee it pays for it self

1ajs
09-03-2005, 04:45 PM
close up of the dent
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6743/roofdent8ig.jpg

lostforawhile
09-03-2005, 07:03 PM
yea you need to pull that from the outside, there is a brace on the inside,i didn't mean to confuse you, all i wa saying is you need to pull it up to just under the level of the surrounding metal, then fill it. the reason you do that is when you have a dent in metal,there is a low spot where the metal is below the surface of the surrounding metal,then there is a pressure area where it is pshed up above the surface of the metal,when you pull up on the dent it relieves the pressure and that raised area goes back down. if you just try to fill it there will always be a low spot because of that metal under pressure also the filler will tend to crack in that area. that is the most common mistake people make trying to use filler. they don't fix the problem first.

88Accord-DX
09-03-2005, 07:51 PM
YOU need to use some sentence structure & a little punctuation to see how the real world reads sentences!!

Anyway, I would just get a dent puller, drill a few small holes in the roof, put a screw in to use on puller & pull it out. Use some bondo to fill the dent in & sand it down. Start off with 120, then 220, then final sand it with 320. IF you want a finer finish, go with some 800 grit on the final.

BlueBead
09-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Good luck on the 9lives 3g!
I dunno about the rubberized finish, but the best bet for you is probably to drill and use a regular dent puller, then bodyfiller and sand smooth like ddude2uc said... you won't need the 800 under that rubbercoating tho

1ajs
09-04-2005, 07:30 AM
this 3gee is beyond its 9 lives dude lol

hondaaccord_86
09-07-2005, 12:04 PM
alright, heres the quick and simple way. just fill it in really well with bondo. sand it down til the high spots are gone and matches the roof level. prime and paint. done.

lostforawhile
09-07-2005, 01:12 PM
what i'm trying to explain is if you don't relieve the stress on the surrounding metal by pulling the dent,you will never get it completly level. when you have a dent you have a low spot below the surface of the metal and a high area surrounding the dent. you can sand until your arm falls off but it won't remove that high area.

3rdgenhatchDX
09-11-2005, 01:32 PM
off the subject but nice Antenna DAYUM!

88Accord-DX
09-11-2005, 01:56 PM
That is a C.B. radio antenna, lol.

1ajs
09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
no it has nuthing to do with cb radios other kind of radio