PDA

View Full Version : A little more stroke?

HC_LXi
08-30-2005, 08:44 AM
A F22a Crankshaft and the conecting rods will fit our a20 blocks?I was seeing the dimensions and they seem to be almost the same.

A20A1
08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
You want more stroke? We already have a long one.

JFreddy
08-30-2005, 09:42 PM
would more stroke help our motors out enough to acutally go through on this mod?

b8er
08-30-2005, 11:41 PM
i would figure bore would be more resonable, i know theres not awhole lot of room to go bigger but im not a machinest, am i wrong?

diegoaccord
08-31-2005, 06:08 AM
Stroke?

Hello 5500 RPM redline.

rjudgey
08-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Your outta luck here bore size is pretty much max another 1mm at a severe push but your weakening the block especially turbvo guys, i would stick with stock but if engine is worn go to 83mm max. As for the stroke you could resize the bearings to smaller size but again your weakening the crank and the most you'd gain would be maybe another 1mm in stroke, your best bet would be to have a custom billet steel crank made but we'd be looking at about £1500 pounds to have made and as the guy's have said you want more stroke!!!!???? As it is it's pretty long although the engine does still pull to 8K even more with the right cams and setup, the great thing about A20 crank is the strength and how light it is, if you compare to B20A crank which is even longer in stroke and even heavier!!! Although it does have better counterbalance weights. Spend the money on Forged High CR pistons and making the rotational mass lighter, e.g titanium piston pins and lighter rods etc. etc. Theirs more to BHP than just upping CC of an engine. A good 2.0litre engine even 12 valve should be able to easily cope with 200bhp realiably, a really good 2.0l e.g. Natural aspriated Cosworth YB can make 250bhp realiably although the idle is a bit rough.