PDA

View Full Version : Bought some performance parts for the 3g.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Well these will probably be the last things for the 3g.

I bought a Weber Jet kit for the 4 cylinder motor.
Carter Fuel Pump
FPR
but I still need to get a Fuel Pressure gauge.
I just got some of those fuel filters that you can change the filter element. (one for the tank and I already have one in the engine bay.)

I'm still wondering about the fuel pick-up tube (mainly what I should use to make it.)

And wondering how my fuel gauge is going to work after these changes. (I can't remember how our gauges are designed. (mechanical or electric sensors?) I thought the older accords had the mechanical and the newer 88-89's were electric sensors.

I could be wrong but that's why I'm asking. I'm going to start from square one for jetting the carb. Before I over jetted it b/c I didn't realize the fuel pump wasn't putting out enough (hehehehe).

And what do you guys think about this?

When I make my custom hood cowl should I get rid of the dual intakes and put on a similar filter thing that came with the weber carb or get a different one like they used to have on the older cars and trucks? (big ass round ones)

I have a bigass round one that was used on my dad's old Nova. It would go good with my blingy engine. Its an aftermarket one that has the chrome top and bottom. I need to check it out for clearances but it's fairly short.

And for fitting it on the weber would be easy. Just need to either need to weld some metal in and cut out a hole for the weber or just do some cutting.

-Mike

b8er
08-30-2005, 01:32 PM
sounds neat man, i dont have an awnser for the fuel gauge thing, iv got an 87 and i know when i am going up a hill the fuel gague goes up and done a hill the opposite, dunno if this is just me or whatever, as for the filter i saw even though the dual CAI are very neat and one off , i think the big rond filter will will probably flow better, good luck with it all

keruhas184
08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Carter fuel pump and FPR, huh? Can those be the ones I sent you last year without collecting a payment from you first? The same ones that mysteriously got lost in the mail after I said I sent them without asking for your payment first, because I thought I trusted you?

Including all the other stuff that went into that package:

http://keruh.com/3gz/thief.jpg

I really hope your conscience is gnawing at you for screwing me over. But I think I maybe wrong -- you were probably born without one.

Have fun with the upgrades, asshole.

lostforawhile
08-30-2005, 03:45 PM
I think i can help, are you just changing the pump? the sender in the tank isn't attached to the pump,it's under the other hole in the top of the tank. if you use the same tank it won't make a difference. what kind of carter pump did you get? if it's the intank one,send it back,they are trash. i've been through this with the carter pump. I have a master power pump from autozone and it's pretty good,still get a pressure drop under hard acceleration. I've been researching this for a long time actually. I would like to find an intank pump that has a higer pressure for carbed cars,i already have a regulator so it would work. the best i found is the mallory maa4110 series 10. this is 110 gallons per hour free flow and 7 psi. the only problem is it has to go under the car,that means i need a bottom outlet on the tank. you will need a regulator with it. the webber is supposed to be regulated at around 2 psi. you need more fuel volume not more pressure. as far as a gauge you can get a digital gauge like mine with a remote sender,put a mechanical gauge in the car with an isolator, or put one on the hood with out the isolator.never put a fuel line directly to the gauge in the car.Oh those clear fuel filters are about as safe as throwing matches at a gas can,i had one come apart one time and dump gas down my firewall.. I will never again put one on my car or any car.

lostforawhile
08-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Carter fuel pump and FPR, huh? Can those be the ones I sent you last year without collecting a payment from you first? The same ones that mysteriously got lost in the mail after I said I sent them without asking for your payment first, because I thought I trusted you?

http://keruh.com/3gz/thief.jpg

I really hope your conscience is gnawing at you for screwing me over. But I think I maybe wrong -- you were probably born without one.

Have fun with the upgrades, asshole.uh oh. :jaw:

A20A1
08-30-2005, 04:01 PM
It's not an intank carter, it's external.
As long as the Pump is installed below the fuel tanks lowerst fuel level, it shouldn't matter where the tank outlet is.
I use 3.5 psi.

Have fun with the upgrades, asshole.

Gawd damn I would have bought those off ya.

Whats up Mike? Is what he says true?

__
The Clear view does come apart without the locking mechanism. The Hexagonal Plastic form that snaps into place.
Yeah I opted for the Fram over the Spectre, it's clear and cheap but at least it's one unit.

lostforawhile
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I checked with the tech people at mallory and they said if the picup is from the top of the tank it will shorten the life of the pump. it's not designed to pull fuel,just push it. they said for an external pump i would need a bottom outlet. on the hatch i know there is a spot where the fuel injection pump would go under the car where there is a section of rubber hose in the metal fuel line. if you used an external pump this is a god location. also you need an ignition switched source and a relay,the factory fuel pump relay will eventually burn out from that pump. you still need the factory relay it's an important safety feature. just use it to switch a bosch relay. this will let you run heavier gauge wire for the bigger pump.. and it will still turn on and off like the original pump. if you use check valves you can keep the factory pump as a backup. use a single pole double throw switch to select between the factory pump or the relay for the big pump.
the bottom gauge pod is the norskog digital fuel pressure gauge it's black when off,it also records low and high pressure. you really need digital when dealing with low pressure it's hard to read an analog gauge that low.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_57.jpg
this is the regulator,it's a low pressure unit from holley,the gold bell is the sending unit for the gauge
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_79.jpg
oh the top gauge pod is empty,it's prewired for an air fuel gauge,it was a bitch getting that regulator in there, i spent a couple of years messing around with it,even have a mock up manifold to fit everything. i made the ribbed aluminum pieces to mount it to and had to make a matching one to cover the pcv valve. all the airvalves and stuff had to be moved around and i had to make a bunch of brackets.

Mike's89AccordLX
08-30-2005, 10:00 PM
No that's not true. For crying out loud I wouldn't ruin my reputation for car parts. This place means more to me than that. Plus I have been screwed and its not cool at all. I bought a carter fuel pump the same kind as that but the other stuff I have isn't I have gotten isn't even the same stuff. If you want I can post pics of the stuff I have. I have never ripped anyone off and I'm not going to start.

I will post pics of the stuff I have to show you that I didn't rip him off. I don't even have all those parts yet. (meaning I need to work some more overtime to buy the stuff so I can still have a house to live in.) And I think you can trust me b/c I held your wheels and sway bars in my basement for about 4 or 5 months and then you backed out and I gave you your money back. I think that shows that I wouldn't screw you over since I gave you a refund for all that stuff. And how am I to know that you sent that stuff really. I seriously never got the package that you sent me. I only ship important stuff by tracking # or confirmation delivery. You said you never did that so how am I supposed to know you sent the stuff if you can't confirm it? Anyways I will post pics of the stuff I have and that will show proof. I don't want to start an arguement about this b/c I'm being honest. I value the importance of a good reputation and I wouldn't trash it b/c of a fuel pump and parts.

-Mike

superaccord
08-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Good for you mike. We need more people in the world just like you!(really!)

Cheeseburger
08-30-2005, 10:59 PM
thats sweet mike. good to have u back bro!

2drSE-i
08-31-2005, 06:52 AM
our fuel guages are mechanical all the way around. im glad to have one too, i cant stand not to know how much gas i have when the car is off

lostforawhile
08-31-2005, 12:23 PM
they are electrical, how mould a mechanical assembly move the gas gauge needle when the tank is at the back of the car? some of the gas gauge needles stay where they last were when you turn off the ignition. the only thing mechanical in the instrument cluster is the speedometer cable. as far as i know the last time there were mechanical means to check the gas it was in model t's. even the instruments out of my dads '28 chrysler had an electric gauge.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Just got some fuel hoses. I got about 25 ft. It's high temp high pressure hose. Very thick lined. So that sould be good for the spots I need it and then I can use the rest on hooking up my dish washer :) This hose is made by Goodyear it's red colored.

Once I get all the parts I need I'm going to start the major overhaul. Performance and appearence.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Here's some pictures of my garage, parts, and my Beagle pup.

Not used to the new way of posting pics :(

Mike's89AccordLX
09-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Here we go..
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_167_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_169.jpg

Yeah 3GEEZ.COM stickers on my tool box :)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_166_full.jpg

And our Beagle "Maximus" (yeah he's the Gladiator dog ;) )
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_168_full.jpg

Oh And that's the Wheel Horse that my Grandma gave me.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-02-2005, 11:03 AM
And for those of you who don't know I bought a house this last May after my fiance's dad past away. It's a rambler style home with a double car garage (a must for me :) )

It's bright fricken yellow :yuck: but we're going to be painting it this month. I graduated 1st in my class for auto mechanics in may. And I have been just doing it on the side for a local dealership b/c my fulltime job is too good to give up.

-Mike

Mike's89AccordLX
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM
And a shot of the Wheelie Horse (what I like to call it)
I can do wheelies for about 10 ft with this old riding lawn mower.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/322000-322999/322549_170_full.jpg

And my grandpa painted the W (for Wetzel) on the white part of the mower that spins.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I have a spare Acell chrome ignition coil that I'm going to put on the lawn mower. IT has the exact same sized coil on it already but this would be a performance upgrade :)

I'm going to buy the master rebuild kit for this one day and bore it out and put in an oversized piston in it. It's 12hp of pure fun :) I wish it was the 20hp model but this still rocks.

lostforawhile
09-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I did that already with the mower, :lol: I hope i haven't started something blew it up mowing the grass at about 6 grand,this was a push mower. see the thread the monster mower is dead glad i'm not. It about would levitate if i reversed the blade. instead of vaccume to pull up the grass it would suck air in through the discharge chute. threw a rod twenty feet away. :bowrofl: