PDA

View Full Version : carpet removal? HELP!!!

nhgu1dry05
08-31-2005, 10:33 AM
ok im tryin 2 remove my carpet 2 find a leak and the carpet is nasty so its gotta go ne ways. where is my question how to get the trim off around the latches that pop ur trunk and gas cover? please reply ASAP! oh i have a couple if that helps ne.

EricW
08-31-2005, 11:48 AM
If you remove the little piece of trim around the lock there is a screw under it. Then remove all the trim , the handles pull off, and take out the two 10mm bolts. Or you can do it the hard way and just take off the two 10mm bolts with a wrench while holding the carpet back.

Oh yeah, where is your leak?

nhgu1dry05
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
ya i figured it out after leavin it alone 4 a few & pullin off other trim, but u dont have 2 remove the whole latch box to remove the carpet. o there was no leak come 2 find out (at least i couldnt find 1). i think was just over time the havent the windows when i get home & it end up rain durin the nite. but i have another question how do u remove the white thin paddin like stuff under the carpet & paddin? cuz i want 2 completely clean out the interior so it will b ready for when i completely paint the whole car but that wont b 4 awhile :( & i have the time right now 2 do it cuz i only work evenings @ this current moment.