PDA

View Full Version : auug ripped vinyl

lostforawhile
08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
has anyone had good luck with those vinyl seat repair kits? the back of my seats is vinyl i made them that way for this reason, it much eaisier to fix then the leather part. i've got a little rip, i'm talking about the kits that use the heated irons with the color mix filler. need to clean them bad too but thats just saddle soap with lots of elbow grease and a horsehair brush. has anyone tried one of those kits?

King Peetis
02-21-2009, 07:19 AM
I used one yesterday. Not impressed, but if you make sure the color is perfect before applying and the rip is super small I would suggest it. Anything larger than a 1/4 inch will stick out like a sore thumb.

Pico
02-21-2009, 07:21 AM
I used one before that came with a heating iron, like peteandjenn said on the big spots, not so good

lostforawhile
02-21-2009, 08:47 AM
aughghhhh wake the dead!! wake the dead!!! 2005 lol

King Peetis
02-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey----gimme a break, R&D takes time lol

3rd Party
02-21-2009, 08:08 PM
if your shit's badly cut up, why don't you just get it reupholstered??

lostforawhile
02-21-2009, 08:53 PM
if your shit's badly cut up, why don't you just get it reupholstered??
it is reupholstered. I had a cut in the back of one of my seats, I upholstered these seats in leather with vinal sides and backs for easy cleanup. i just ended up putting ducttape on the inside of the seat where the rip was,can hardly see it now. i really don't feel like ripping out all the stiching and trying to color match all this stuff again.

3rd Party
02-21-2009, 09:19 PM
it is reupholstered. I had a cut in the back of one of my seats, I upholstered these seats in leather with vinal sides and backs for easy cleanup. i just ended up putting ducttape on the inside of the seat where the rip was,can hardly see it now. i really don't feel like ripping out all the stiching and trying to color match all this stuff again.

it comes with the territory? :confused:

lostforawhile
02-22-2009, 08:10 AM
it comes with the territory? :confused:

trying to color match upholstery thats been in a car and changed color because of normal sun exposure is nearly impossible. I still have to redo the tops of the doors again and rear quarters again,repaint the spare dash, and the arm rest and put the interior back in again. after finishing the engine work and wiring

86ccord
02-22-2009, 09:30 AM
just throw a nawwzz! sticker on it and call it a day.. :D :D

lostforawhile
02-22-2009, 09:43 AM
just throw a nawwzz! sticker on it and call it a day.. :D :D

well i taped it from inside of the seat, you can't see the tape. eventually i'll figure out a way to fix it.