PDA

View Full Version : Wiring fogs to headlights

zerovisual
08-13-2002, 02:32 PM
What would be involved in wiring a set of fogs that originally come with just a switch, so that they come on with the low beams and go off with the high beams?

I guess I could just indeed install the switch, but I like the idea of having them wired. Any thoughts?

SteveDX89
08-13-2002, 03:07 PM
Find the wire going to your headlights that powers the low beams. You'll need a continuity tester or something that will determine if there is current. I believe there are 3 wires. One for constant power, one for low beams, and one for high. That could be wrong but it was like that on my first car. Anyways, splice your power wire into that. You then run that wire to your switch. This way you'll have the option of having them on or off with your headlights on and since you're only getting power when your low beams are on, they'll turn off when you put on the high beams. It would probably be better if you got a relay for the lights also. It's just a little extra safeguard plus it provides more power for the lights. The wiring with that is a bit different so let me know if you need more help.

shepherd79
08-13-2002, 04:55 PM
i agree with Steve.
just find the wire for low beam and splice it.

mike_fx_u
08-13-2002, 11:10 PM
i wired mine through a relay to the parking lights so they are on any time the parking lights are on, they are brighter than my halogen super blue's, ill probably get rid of them when do H4 conversion unless i can find cheap H4 fogs(driving lights) i want lights like those on rally cars, at night they can light up a damn small city.

smufguy
08-14-2002, 04:05 AM
GE has a fog lamp replacement of 100W for just 5 bucks. damn, cant wait to get that baby in my car. 100 watts of super beast :flip:

ACCORD EX
08-15-2002, 03:00 PM
what kind of relay is used ! ? is it like the one that used for the horn ! ?

MIKE

SteveDX89
08-15-2002, 04:53 PM
You should be able to find a relay at any auto parts store. It will be around the fog lights. It'll will say for auxillary power. It's pretty small and costs 4-5 bucks.