PDA

View Full Version : Well, Hello everyone...

cardoc33
09-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi there, i already posted, but didn't introduce myself. My name is Don and I've had my 88 LXI hatch now for about 6 years. Bought it for $2500.00 to replace an unreliable '94 Saturn. With over 200k now it still runs strong. I am a professional mechanic/shop owner with years of Honda expeiriance and would be happy to help solve problems for fellow members.
I would also like to ask everyone if there is any interest in custom adapters for integra struts. This would open up many different options for our cars. I am making a crude set for myself and would consider contacting a machine shop for a production run. How 'bout it?

halxi
09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the board, i think more people would be interested in engine mounts/linkage for b/h series at a fairly cheap price then strut mounts, but good luck! Busted Blue recently tried Tein Coils but they were too short for the accord. Keep us updated.

Cheeseburger
09-01-2005, 03:23 PM
hey bro :welcome: i hope that u like it here i sure do

lostforawhile
09-01-2005, 03:31 PM
welcome to the board,we have both had our hatches the same number of years and paid the same thing for them. :)

mr eff
09-01-2005, 03:40 PM
hey chief, what's yer shop?

i work at art's automotive in the east bay

frankie89
09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
welcome..

cardoc33
09-01-2005, 04:08 PM
My shop is Tri-Valley Clutch, in Dublin. I am more into the suspension thing than motor swaps. I used to autocross quite a bit in the early '90s.

NXRacer
09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Welcome!

any kind of suspension help would be greatly appreciated IMO. Thats one thing thats really hindering us and if we could find a way to get good suspesion, that would be very good. The rear EK civic struts work perfectly in our cars, i just need to find out what works in the front.

A20A1
09-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Does aluminum hold up for suspension parts like knuckles, arms, and forks. It would be nice to drop the cast parts if possible.

What about calipers... they would have to still be cast to withstand the heat?

Welcome :)

lostforawhile
09-01-2005, 07:15 PM
aluminum will hold up good it just has to be the correct type of aluminum and properly hardened. the more unsprung weight you can get out of a suspension the better. they have made brake calipers out of aluminum for years,they dissapate heat much better and are lighter. cripes they are making brake calipers out of composites that are as light as plastic and as strong as steel. I kind of like the suspensions on our cars,they are double wishbone at all four corners. remember our suspension was derived from honda's formula cars,i believe the same basic version of this suspension is still used today,with some changes of course. look at the other hondas of this period, some of them still used a beam suspension for crying out loud. our suspension was and still is very high tech. sorry to get off topic, I'm glad we have someone on the board who is an autocrosser,that is valuable experiece to have here.

A20A1
09-01-2005, 09:39 PM
I saw a beam rear suspension on a sentra Nissan 96?

cardoc33
09-02-2005, 07:17 AM
My wifes SER spec V has a rear beam suspension, handles pretty good. Corvettes have cast alum control arms.
I would not attempt to make stressed susp. parts(like control arms, or pinch forks, for that matter) without some kind of testing procedure,too risky. What I am thinking about is a plate to raise the upper shock mounting point to accommidate the longer integra shock. The 90-93 integra front shock is longer from the lower spring seat to the top of the shock body, thus the shaft is longer as well. In order to mount it on our cars, the shaft needs to extend out closer to it's normal length, otherwise it will poke a hole thru the bottom, not good. Raise that point, and now we can run Tokico Illumina's. Cool,huh?