PDA

View Full Version : $317.78 for brakes (=

ZackieDarko
09-01-2005, 04:50 PM
well i just bought new brakes, brembo brakes that is. i just spent $317.78 at nopionline.com

Slotted rotors
Drums
Perofrmance pads
Shoes

yes some may say its alot but safety is not sumthen you mess with (=

i dunno why i got drums too seeing as how im just going to swap out the drum setup for the SE-i setup anyway..oh well...like i said saftey isnt sumthen you mess with :)

......i like the way this one dances :lock:

NXRacer
09-01-2005, 05:24 PM
not a bad purchase, but you shoulda gone with the brembo blanks. they'll hold up longer and brake better then the drilled/slotted ones will

bobafett
09-01-2005, 05:58 PM
sounds about right

i got:

technafit SS braided lines (85 shipped) * ordered from technafit
EBC sport drilled (slotted and dimpled) rotors ($55 + s/h)
akebono cermic "performance" pads ($55 + s/h)
lameo shoes ($20? + s/h)
ATE super blue racing fluid ($15) * local shop
speedbleeders on front ($10) * local shop

it really makes a difference. my brakes feel great now. :)

ps: ordered all the rotors, pads, and shoes on www.tirerack.com

HondaBoy
09-01-2005, 06:04 PM
did you replace the fluid lines? thats something i think is pretty important when going all out on brakes. i did mine along with new calipers, pads, and rotors. brakes are the most important part of a car to have in tip top condition, IMO. i'd leave my car sitting until i could get to the brakes if they are bad again. thats what i did last time. my lines were leaking as well as the piston on the caliper.

mkymonkey
09-01-2005, 10:09 PM
haha tell me about it. gas over here is 3.19 almost $35 to fill it up.

oh and on the subject....good choice of brakes

2drSE-i
09-02-2005, 06:47 AM
fuck even here in oklahoma its 3.09....

cost me $33 to fill mine up on monday, when it was 2.50.......was sitting on empty, first time ive ever got over 13 gallons in the tank, and i put in 13.7 lol

blahblahblah
09-19-2005, 08:10 AM
sounds about right

i got:

technafit SS braided lines (85 shipped) * ordered from technafitEBC sport drilled (slotted and dimpled) rotors ($55 + s/h)
akebono cermic "performance" pads ($55 + s/h)
lameo shoes ($20? + s/h)
ATE super blue racing fluid ($15) * local shop
speedbleeders on front ($10) * local shop

it really makes a difference. my brakes feel great now. :)

ps: ordered all the rotors, pads, and shoes on www.tirerack.com
huh...there all over $100. Howd you get them for $85 shipped???

bobafett
09-19-2005, 10:04 AM
called their number on the phone and told them my car specs, and gave them my credit card number, and got charged $85.00 ;-) those prices are MSRP, and i guess they dont charge MSRP, that or they thought i was reallly realllllly cool, and shouldnt pay full price...

Busted_Blue
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
called their number on the phone and told them my car specs, and gave them my credit card number, and got charged $85.00 ;-) those prices are MSRP, and i guess they dont charge MSRP, that or they thought i was reallly realllllly cool, and shouldnt pay full price...

it probably was long time ago when they didn't give a shit about the accord and thought hey, lets get rid of them now.

I paid 100 shipped for my SEi ones.
Some random brake fluid ($10)
rear disc brakes ($180)
OEM brake pads ($50 each axle)

I need rotors though. I might go with EBC or Brembo blanks. Don't know yet.