PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about my plans for the 3g

FyreDaug
09-01-2005, 08:47 PM
As you all know I had these big summer plans, build an A20 and throw a boatload of juice through it. I had everything ready, I bought a parts car (to fix up things here and there, and to use its motor and 5sp) but recently Ive been deciding against this option. Even though I spent a fair amount of money on my current mods I'm considering selling the car and its part car along with it. I still have a full exhaust to put on and finish painting the car flat black (rat-rod style) and I figure I can sell both cars with all the mods for 1750-2000.

Only things wrong with the car are: Stripped interior (oops!), bad rad (some rust and some of the fins are falling off - but I think the parts car one is good). Vacuum lines have been removed, and recently it started leaking a bit of oil. Not much, I think maybe about a liter every 2 weeks, and in that 2weeks, the car would see 1000+kms. I'll try some engine stop leak. Uhm, the alt might be going, but then again, it has to run a big system including a computer. The driver side inside door handle spring is broken (parts car fix). And I removed a whole lot of stuff to reduce weight. It was supposed to be a car to beat around in. The windshield has some cracks too. Some other minor interior things that can be fixed via the parts car. I also need a wheel bearing on the driver side and an alignment.

All in all, the car runs great. 3rd grinds every now and then, and reverse all the time unless you leave the clutch in for a couple seconds.

Parts car is in awesome shape too, just back left door/pillar damage. This car has 299XXX km on it, factory motor/trans but it still runs awesome. Stable compression throughout too. I only paid 500 for the car, but I bought it from a friend, he figured he could have gotten 1000 for it, but he needed to get rid of it and I needed a car.

I'm considering importing a 1990 TT RHD Supra, and I might even be able to write a portion of it off as a business expense. Ive loved this 3g and its never failed me (except for siezed bolts arggg!).

Its got some underbody rust aswell. While I'm painting it flat black, I'm also sanding out and priming all the rust and its held up so far. It's also been completely dynamatted, so a system will sound good in it. If I dont sell the parts car with it (if they dont want it) I would let it go for 1350-1400ish. And build a go kart with the a20.

What do you guys think? Time to move on?

Oldblueaccord
09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
As you all know I had these big summer plans, build an A20 and throw a boatload of juice through it. I had everything ready, I bought a parts car (to fix up things here and there, and to use its motor and 5sp) but recently Ive been deciding against this option. Even though I spent a fair amount of money on my current mods I'm considering selling the car and its part car along with it. I still have a full exhaust to put on and finish painting the car flat black (rat-rod style) and I figure I can sell both cars with all the mods for 1750-2000.

Only things wrong with the car are: Stripped interior (oops!), bad rad (some rust and some of the fins are falling off - but I think the parts car one is good). Vacuum lines have been removed, and recently it started leaking a bit of oil. Not much, I think maybe about a liter every 2 weeks, and in that 2weeks, the car would see 1000+kms. I'll try some engine stop leak. Uhm, the alt might be going, but then again, it has to run a big system including a computer. The driver side inside door handle spring is broken (parts car fix). And I removed a whole lot of stuff to reduce weight. It was supposed to be a car to beat around in. The windshield has some cracks too. Some other minor interior things that can be fixed via the parts car. I also need a wheel bearing on the driver side and an alignment.

All in all, the car runs great. 3rd grinds every now and then, and reverse all the time unless you leave the clutch in for a couple seconds.

Parts car is in awesome shape too, just back left door/pillar damage. This car has 299XXX km on it, factory motor/trans but it still runs awesome. Stable compression throughout too. I only paid 500 for the car, but I bought it from a friend, he figured he could have gotten 1000 for it, but he needed to get rid of it and I needed a car.

I'm considering importing a 1990 TT RHD Supra, and I might even be able to write a portion of it off as a business expense. Ive loved this 3g and its never failed me (except for siezed bolts arggg!).

Its got some underbody rust aswell. While I'm painting it flat black, I'm also sanding out and priming all the rust and its held up so far. It's also been completely dynamatted, so a system will sound good in it. If I dont sell the parts car with it (if they dont want it) I would let it go for 1350-1400ish. And build a go kart with the a20.

What do you guys think? Time to move on?

Double yawn.

wp