PDA

View Full Version : Major newb questions

TTSpider
09-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Ok guys, sorry I really know nothing about car audio. I just wanna get a new stereo in my 3g asap. I think I wanna go with 6.5" polk audio Ex's all around. I've searched and It is said that they will fit with no mods right? For a reciever im lookin at the Clarion DB355MP. But this is where I ask for your opinions/suggestions. Will that reciever work well with those speakers? or will I need an amp? Can someone suggest an amp? or atleast some general specs to look for. Any help is greatly appreciated

TTSpider
09-05-2005, 11:10 AM
aww nothin yet?

mkymonkey
09-05-2005, 04:04 PM
well since im not familiar with clarion stereo's, i had to do some research. According to what i found, that HU should have enough power to power the polk audio speakers. if youre looking for an amp, i would just recommend going with an Alpine MRP-F240 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uxaxEpf6CGa/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&I=500MRPF240) its 40 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms and 50 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms so it should be more than enough to push your POLK AUDIO's. Other than that, you shouldnt really need an amp. most aftermarket HU's have enough continous power to power aftermarket speakers. The Clarion HU has 17watts RMS and thats enough to power a speaker that i think has a range of 2 to 40watts RMS.

Hope that that helped...good luck!

mkymonkey
09-05-2005, 04:16 PM
oops double post

TTSpider
09-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Ah thanks a lot, Im starting to look at the Polk DB650's. Does anyone have experience with these? sound quality? fitment issues?