PDA

View Full Version : Done for the year

SteveDX89
09-06-2005, 04:13 PM
So considering the money circumstances and the fact I can't seem to get ahead with this car and the fact it's ready to die anytime now, I put it "away" until spring time. The inspection expired last month and I didn't take it in cause it wasn't gonna be driven anyway so I needed to move it out of my apartment complex cause they'll tow cars with expired inspection. So off to my mom's it went. Her garage is full unfortunately so I had to do the next best thing. Kinda makes me sad. :sad2:

http://ultimatuner.com/stevedx89/Accord/2005-09-06/Picture%20001.jpg
http://ultimatuner.com/stevedx89/Accord/2005-09-06/Picture%20002.jpg
http://ultimatuner.com/stevedx89/Accord/2005-09-06/Picture%20003.jpg
http://ultimatuner.com/stevedx89/Accord/2005-09-06/Picture%20004.jpg
http://ultimatuner.com/stevedx89/Accord/2005-09-06/Picture%20005.jpg

HostileJava
09-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Ohhh, I realy like those extra taillights, makes feel like I'm looking at the ass end of a Taxi. :D

88accordhb
09-06-2005, 04:19 PM
awww. dude.

RobT5580
09-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Sad i agree and another year down for me as well. It sucks but it happens when your on a budget and working on such an odd swap. If i were you id pick up a tarp and lay it on the ground and tuck it under the car cover it its 100% waterproof. I do that and a tarp on top then another cover to keep moisture out.

It will get better Steve iv been through a lot of BS on my swap some my fault others not but it comes with the territory so im just going to push on and make the best of it.
Perhaps i can help you out in the spring time like we did before.

1ajs
09-06-2005, 05:58 PM
sad but at least it will be safe

what do you mean by inspection???

Cheeseburger
09-06-2005, 06:01 PM
thats sucks bro. but have faith u will get her up and running again!

frankie89
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
just dont forget to unbury her in the winter when it snows, cuz then you'll never find her..

88accordhb
09-06-2005, 07:49 PM
ohhh, it'll be ok babe, i love you steve.

Deadhead
09-06-2005, 09:26 PM
maybe you should put the car up on blocks so you don't have flat spots when you start to drive her again.

Good luck with all that..

88Accord-DX
09-06-2005, 10:07 PM
It's seems like we're in the same boat. I don't drive my car much, but if I don't get her rolling soon, she might be a bag of bones like I see in your pic. :sad2:

Edit- Hopefully I can get a engine rebuilt before rigamortis sets in.

SteveDX89
09-07-2005, 02:16 AM
sad but at least it will be safe

what do you mean by inspection???

Our cars have to pass a safety inspection so we can legally drive them. They make sure all the lights work, horn works, seat belts, all mechanicals are in good condition, etc.

:wtf:

HostileJava
09-07-2005, 04:48 AM

I knew there was more going on then you were telling me Steve :bowrofl:

Vanilla Sky
09-07-2005, 05:53 AM
dude, that's a shame. i wanted to see your car in action when i came up there for that car i'm getting. blah to you :p

shepherd79
09-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Steve don't blame yourself. You tried to fix it.
I remember the day we riped that engine out and rebuild it and droped it back in.
well, i guess next year you will be taking the second block to a shop for a full rebuild and may be more.
I will have to bring my engine hoist and engine stand sometimes next year when you are ready for it.

halxi
09-07-2005, 06:26 PM
What exactly is wrong with it? is the motor just tired or what?

In a non-asshole way, do you think it was really worth it to fork out the money for the b swap, considering how often you drive it/it actually runs?

It appears to be a great car, its a shame that youre putting it away for the winter though :ugh:

smufguy
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
his second motor was plagued with the similar problem his first one was plagued with. it did cost him a shit load of money to put that motor in, and it has costed him more. but it was not something that was expected. its just a misfortune. hopefully next year a new oil pump and what not will cure this cursed motor. hope to see this blue beast running better than what it ran this year after the rebuild (which u must do).

TheWatcher
09-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Deleted.

SteveDX89
09-08-2005, 03:06 AM
The main problem with the damn thing is oil pressure. I assume I just keep getting junk blocks and the bearings keep taking a dump. I tried to save some money at first by not rebuilding the engine in the first place and now it's biting me in the ass over and over. As far as it being worth it, I think so. The times it was running good, I was having a lot of fun in it. I was actually able to go out and fuck with people who thought it was nothing. It could be driven daily but since I've put that much work and money into it, I don't really like to do it. Someone could hit the thing at any time and the more I drive it, the greater the chance of that happening. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet. I might just rebuild my other block to stock specs and run it like that for the next year or 2 so I can save some money, etc. The head was rebuilt about 700 miles ago so with a rebuilt block, I'll finally have a fully rebuilt engine.

carotman
09-08-2005, 06:25 AM
aww this sucks. Oh well, I know how you feel. I have to store the car every year because of the harsh winter.

If you get that block rebuild, you will at least know it's in 100% good shape. On another note, finding B16 blocks is easy these days. people rip them apart to mave B20/B18 Vtec engines. You might be able to find one in a decent condition for a very good price.

SteveDX89
09-08-2005, 08:33 AM
aww this sucks. Oh well, I know how you feel. I have to store the car every year because of the harsh winter.

If you get that block rebuild, you will at least know it's in 100% good shape. On another note, finding B16 blocks is easy these days. people rip them apart to mave B20/B18 Vtec engines. You might be able to find one in a decent condition for a very good price.

I actually already have a block sitting in my mom's garage. I stripped it cause I was gonna sell the pistons, etc. but never got around to it so I actually still have the pistons, rods, crank. Just need a set of bearings and rings and I should be set to go. Put it all back together and I should be good for a while. It's just a lot of work. This will be the third time an engine has been pulled from this car.