PDA

View Full Version : Car accident.... :(

Deadhead
09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, i was at work and running an errand and what happens? i get into an accident. This is my second day of work... not getting off to a good start.

Anyway, i was driving west and had a green light, and this mini van pulls out into the intersection and it looks like she was taking the right lane, so i was all good with that and all, seeing as i was in the left lane... but nooo... she decided to keep on turning into the left lane. So i slam on my brakes and they lock up making a bunch of smoke. I slide right into the left side of the van leaving a huge dent. My car sustained minimal damage, but it will probably cost 500-1000 bucks to fix. The fender is fucked to all hell, the corner light is broken and it got shoved into the headlight, fortunately, it still works fine.

Oh, watch out for old people on the road, they don't pay attention. These ppl were about mid 60's to 70's

So yeah... that was my fun day today.. here's the pics :

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Qman06/P1010035.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Qman06/P1010033.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Qman06/P1010032.jpg

acco-R-d
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
ouch

Legend_master
09-07-2005, 04:16 PM
It could be much worse, just go to the junk yard and you can fix that for less then $500.00. Make sure that lady pays for it to, glad your ok and good luck with fixing it.

Deadhead
09-07-2005, 04:18 PM
yeah, that's what i plan to do, it's just finding a car in grey that is going to be the problem.... besides, i probably needed to take it off for that CAI anyway.

halxi
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
it shouldnt cost you more then $100 to fix that!

I have an extra set of corner lights (stock from my car) that ill sell ya for like $5 if you want, and you should come to the junkyard with superaccord and i next time we go, there was a gray accord there that you could probably use the fender off of, and im sure its probably still there. Also, no, you wont need to remove the fender or bumper for the CAI, it makes it easier to get the CAI in there, but i got mine in just fine just by pulling the lower valance back.

frankie89
09-07-2005, 04:28 PM
damn old people..

Deadhead
09-07-2005, 04:35 PM
well, it wouldn't cost that much to fix myself, but to take it to a shop to do that would suck. They would have to paint it and replace the corner, and those aren't cheap new. So i'm thinking that i'll fix it myself and keep the extra money to dump in my car for gas and other things.

AccordNut
09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
an eyesore but completely fixable...you shoulda seen what the deer did to my fender/headlight. she'll be ok though good thing you didnt have jdm corners or anything! yikes

therafiman
09-07-2005, 06:51 PM
wow bad luck...i got exactly the same damage on my car, except in my case it was a bus that thought it had 2 lanes 2 itself (and sandwiched me against the kerb).

it's a "commonly known fact" that young people are the worst drivers. however, in my opinion its old people that cause half the accidents that young drivers have. as well as being responsible for half the traffic jams i've been in (old people in every lane going slowly, completely oblivious of the mile-long tail of traffic behind em).

actually while i'm here i'll say old people and women. i was considerin not sayin it in case any females were around 2 complain, but then i remembered their opinion doesnt matter :)

Deadhead
09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
ouch... but i'd have to agree lol.

smufguy
09-07-2005, 07:16 PM
from a u pick it junkyard, it costs around 25 bux for a fender and 20 bux for the corner lens. So its well under your so called budget, the only expensive part is either painting your fender if you cant find your color, or the tiring task of hunting down junkyards that have your color.

Deadhead
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
yeah... but i also noticed another problem, the corner lights were pressed so hard against the other car, that it pushed in the mounts for them, i haven't taken it apart to check, seeing as the insurance guy hasn't come out to inspect it.

But the bumper also is kinda messed up, so we'll see when i get it all apart. I think i might be able to make some money off of this :D

Busted_Blue
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
not too bad, at least you dont have one of the rarer colors..like laurel blue. -_-

smufguy
09-07-2005, 07:26 PM
yeah... but i also noticed another problem, the corner lights were pressed so hard against the other car, that it pushed in the mounts for themD

the corner lights mount on the fender, so once u change the fender, it will be fine.