PDA

View Full Version : HI, I'm new.

Spiderldr
09-07-2005, 06:39 PM
I've taken a good 1 1/2 hour look at the forums here, yet it feels so brief.

I have a Honda Accord LX-I Hatchback. Stock, new engine, prolly 70k miles on it. 226k on the whole thing. I've got some cash coming and I was hoping to ask you guys what the best bang for my buck would be. I've got about $1500 saved up with this next paycheck and I want to, erm, invest it in performance parts. I've read the articles on that custom cold air intake, I don't think I have the skill to port/polish the intake though. I'm thinking about headers, new fuel injectors, and a new ECU. But I'm not sure if these things are worth the $300 a pop to buy them. I can install them myself, but I decided to ask you guys first. Seeing as you have a whole forum dedicated to accords and performance.

halxi
09-07-2005, 06:39 PM
wrong forum dude lol

welcome though, get pics!

HC_LXi
09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
With that kind of money you can do various thing.
1.) Buy a cold air from a 2G integra o make a custom one.
2.) Header i think pacesetter is the only people that do one for our cars.
3.) 2.00 or 2.25 complete exhaust.
4.) Fuel pressure regulator.
5.) If you're planning on do some head work get a b16 o type R intake manifold or if you're going to leave the head stock get a 58mm throttle (B18,b16)and port your stock intake mani to match the 58mm.
I dont think you have to put other injector or ecu unless youre going turbo or highly modified all motor.
These are pretty much my mods only im running with stock exhaust mani and i've run 15.7@87 on a 89' coupe.
Hope this helps :rockon:

3G Jester
09-07-2005, 06:57 PM
just dont drill holes in your rear bumper :)

HC_LXi
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
hahaha :rockon:

BlueBead
09-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Welcome! lucky lucky: I wish my hatch had been FI
keep looking long enough and you will have a really good list for improvements
I'd start with the CAI, intake and exhaust manifolds, and full exhaust.
Breathing is the 1st step.
then you might think about the 4whl disk brake setup (not sure if it'll swap to hatchies)
There are lots of little things you can do to make the car so much more....
Check out everyones wishlists, especially on the cardomain member sites.
Also look at all of the AOMs (Accord of the month) b/c they have their mod lists posted
good luck!!

b8er
09-07-2005, 09:50 PM
i would sugest going with a CAI of some sort, then go with some new exhaust like said above then throw in an aftermarket cam, ie. re-grind if your looking for some easy stuff i figure this would be easier then portn' a head, just my 2cents

racerx
09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
1500?!?! HEAD WORK! HEAD WORK! HEAD WORK! P&P, 3-angle valve job, oversized valves, and more potential for every other performance mod. :) yeah baby.

but that's just my opinion. plus you'd have 500 left over for an intake manifold and overbored TB. welcome!

Spiderldr
09-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm not to sure what milling is, and how do you get larger valves? I'm still a newb here, so I need some better detail.