PDA

View Full Version : TE04H Turbo

Rendon LX-i
09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Well wanted to know bout this turbo and what not....I just got one.....Seening if there good i know there from a Dodge/Chryersler and what not off A lebraon or something like that or Daytona 2.2l and good for 250hp or something liket that internal wastegate set at 5.5psi which would be great since i decide to do the rear mounted turbo set up.....Tell me what u know crew

Rendon lx-i

smufguy
09-07-2005, 07:14 PM
its a mitsubishi turbo which can operates normally at a 6-8psi range. You can push it to around 12psi with a boost controller if you want without any worries. Not a bad turbo.

As far as commenting on yoru set up, well its the same as the ones i have commented on the rear mounted turbo set up. You will regret it. For the money, and time you put into it, you will defenitely regret your rear mounted turbo set up. I will wait till problems start to arise in your set up, as in, where the intake for the turbo is gonna be placed, how its gonna be shielded from rocks, dirt and water sprays, how you are gonna route your piping from your turbo to your throttlebody, let alone your intercooler. ALL hail the lag. :sadwave:

Rendon LX-i
09-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Shouldnt be bad at all...some guys are working with me...saying shouldnt do bad....Umm the turbo itself is going to be in front of my muffler and the pipe is going to be welded to the flage it self then routing the charge pipe to the front a smaller size since the turbo is tinny plus it well take less travel time to get to the TB...anyhow all and all i know i well gain a pretty hp gain....Also Military mase is doing the same...im going to see how he his goes and if does well i know ....But what u think....I got a 2.5 piping know so the turbo well get enought exhuast to spill hella u know...im just worryed bout it air travel to the manifold...but like i said smaller piping like 2inch or 1.5 should make it travel faster and what not.....All this should be done by end of next year....hopefully if i dont run in to probs lol

Rendon LX-i
09-07-2005, 09:56 PM
okay were can i get a flange to weld to my stock header and just bolt it up....either way....T3 Flange is what i saw in specs idk..true...its like a square with four holes...

racerx
09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
napa auto parts. i went there a few months ago to get a flange for my custom cat back and they had a huge book with pages of exhaust flanges of every shape, size, bolt patern, and thickness.
it was only $8 for the flange.

Rendon LX-i
09-07-2005, 10:06 PM
ummm thanks man.....just take my turbo up in there and ask lol ha...

smufguy
09-08-2005, 04:56 AM
so ur gonna have the turbo bolt up to the stock exhaust manifold?

racerx
09-08-2005, 06:22 AM
i'm serious dude. they have every flange you could possibly want

NotSeen2000
09-08-2005, 06:30 AM
wait. u could actualy hav a turbo bolt on 2 the stock exhaust manifold? if i would hav known that then i would hav been lookin 4 a turbo instead of a shop 2 fabricate a turbo manifold 4 me.

frankie89
09-08-2005, 06:55 AM
wont that cause some type of restriction with a stock manifold.

shepherd79
09-08-2005, 08:40 AM
it won't work, the stock manifold drops too low for the turbo to sit. turbo will be on the ground before you know it.
You better off try to make your own manifold from a scratch.
or you can always buy one, there is company that makes Ram manifold for $750.

frankie89
09-08-2005, 10:28 AM
$750 wtf!! at a shop it could be done for half that..well i agree that the stock mani is to low but i also think a custom one is better..
it won't work, the stock manifold drops too low for the turbo to sit. turbo will be on the ground before you know it.
You better off try to make your own manifold from a scratch.
or you can always buy one, there is company that makes Ram manifold for $750.

racerx
09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
i'd be surprised if anyone made a half-decent reliable ram horn (snake orgy) header for under $600.

NotSeen2000
09-08-2005, 11:42 AM
if yall find a turbo manifold 4 under $400 then let me know and ill buy it from u

racerx
09-08-2005, 12:16 PM
some guys make log style turbo headers for 250. they're crappy to the max, but they work.

NotSeen2000
09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
well c if u can get 1 from me and ill buy it from u

racerx
09-08-2005, 08:57 PM
i'll just let you contact the person yourself. lol it's easier that way, and you can tell him what kind of flange you want, what kind of wastegate, etc... i'll have to look up his e-mail again...

smufguy
09-08-2005, 09:45 PM
well Log manifolds are not bad at all, i have VW, 2.0 motors pulling 400hp outts these manifolds. getting a log manifold done is not hard, and the cool thing is u can still run an external wastegate on these bitches :D

racerx
09-08-2005, 09:50 PM
you can run whatever horsepower you want, depending on psi, engine, etc, etc etc...

however, even the best log style with an external WG right on the collector can't stand up to a good equal length turbo manifold with external WG on collector.

smufguy
09-08-2005, 09:53 PM
however, even the best log style with an external WG right on the collector can't stand up to a good equal length turbo manifold with external WG on collector.

and you cant get a good equal length for 250 bux my friend.:D

racerx
09-09-2005, 08:37 AM
lol... indeed. but when did money ever come into the question? lol
lemme see, pay the rent, or buy an equal length turbo header and hope the landlord doesn't notice...

Rendon LX-i
09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
yes u can use your stock header....I didnt say i was going to use all of it......IT is going to be cut almost to the head flange....then its going to be made in to a log type....friend did it to his integra....cheaper like 100 for me anyhow.....My boss at work is a fabricator an what not......We work on 400hp Turbo Diesal engines.....Well anyhow he told me Just to bring his car to his shop and well thow all this shit on durning the winter which be pretty good.....Hes going to coply the T1 flange and take it into town to get one made or I just go to napa lol....then he doing the rest...he wants to use my Pacesetter header he said he be alot easy plus it well look better i dont care aslog as i have good boost and what not.....Im also going to be helping him cuz if not he gonig to get out of hand with the charging lol....well just wanted to tell u wants going on....Coming very close....

Accordtheory
09-09-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't recommend that turbo, I think it's smaller than a 14b, if you're going to get one from a junkyard, at least get the 14b. (eclipse gsx) And if your want better than that, get a 16g, still better, buy my big 16g off ebay! I do recommend the remote turbo idea to everyone who doesn't want to make/pay for a decent manifold though. Neukin, Full race, love fab, fab one, phoenix turbo/peakboost all make decent manifolds. $700 up. This shit isn't cheap, and you get what you pay for. A log manifold is retarded, cylinders 1 and 4 are trying to eat each other's shit, and 2 and 3 are getting shit all over.

AccordEpicenter
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
its WAYYYYYY tooo small, id get somthing bigger if you wanna push more than 6 psi with it, its a pea shooter turbo. You really need to fab your own manifold, a 4 into 1 or some other kind of decent manifold to get optimal performance

Rendon LX-i
09-10-2005, 12:48 PM
He is going to make it out of my pacesetter after all....He checked it out and told me it was strong enought steel...so its going to be 4-1 manifold....and the turbo i got it free so im just going ot see how it does.....im pretty sure i get a pretty good gain....i can always upgrade the compresser wheel or get a bigger turbo...

steven
09-10-2005, 03:22 PM
i have one, heard the exhaust side flows bad its off the late 80 daytonas.
pic:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2047/turbo8vk.jpg

AccordEpicenter
09-10-2005, 06:13 PM
its the same flange as dodge T3 turbos, and even a .42/.48 T3 dodge type turbo like a few guys have used is a way better choice, the housings are much bigger.

NotSeen2000
09-10-2005, 06:28 PM
so can i use pacesetter headers for a turbo manifold? and after i get the turbo and stuff where do i go 2 get my ECU programed or a piggyback unit?

A20A1
09-10-2005, 08:45 PM
No, the pacesetter is not ment to handle the heat of a turbo... maybe if you had a pacesetter then some distance of exhaust pipe to a remote mount turbo then the header will be cooler and able to hold up.

A20A1
09-10-2005, 08:48 PM
He is going to make it out of my pacesetter after all....He checked it out and told me it was strong enought steel...so its going to be 4-1 manifold....and the turbo i got it free so im just going ot see how it does.....im pretty sure i get a pretty good gain....i can always upgrade the compresser wheel or get a bigger turbo...

I sure hope he's right and you don't end up with cracks or warping at the flanges.

steven
09-10-2005, 09:22 PM
check out: BMCrace.com