PDA

View Full Version : My 90 Accord oil leak

geoffg
09-09-2005, 04:53 AM
My 90 Accord has started leaking oil at a fairly rapid rate. It is coming from the back side of the engine but it is hard to tell exactly where it is coming from. There is a sensor in the block above the filter (what is it?) that is slightly wet and the filter area itself is full of oil. I don't think it is from the filter. Any ideas?

AccordEpicenter
09-09-2005, 08:11 PM
change the oil pressure sensor. If the oil leak doesnt stop then, change the valve cover gasket, if it doesnt stop then, change the dizzy o ring.

Blkblurr
09-09-2005, 08:14 PM
On 89 accords there is an o-ring behind the oil filter mount. This was leaking on mine.

T-Funk
09-09-2005, 09:32 PM
nm

88Accord-DX
09-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Here is a way I find some oil leaks on a "greasy" engine.

1. Take your car to a car wash. Try not to drive far to one. (don't need the engine real hot)
2. Spray some engine degreaser all over & underneath the engine & tranny good. Spray the engine down good around the head & tranny, & underneath it real good.
3. Elevate the car on jack stands or blocks.
Look underneath the car with a flash light, try to see where the oil is coming out. Between the block & tranny, the rear main seal is leaking. Head gaskets, valve covers, distributor o-rings leak also, look around these areas real good.

AccordEpicenter
09-10-2005, 12:38 PM
90s dont have the o ring behind the filter housing