PDA

View Full Version : new hatch spotted

lostforawhile
09-10-2005, 11:32 AM
All right i've seen a new hatch here in Moultrie Ga, looks like a dark blue lxi. does anyone in south Georgia have any idea who it might be? I can't ever catch them long enough to tell them about the site. i never see any hatches so this is a big dea. if anyone else has any ideas who it might be we aren't that far from the flordia line.

bobafett
09-10-2005, 01:55 PM
hmm doesnt your car have special gears and u have like a sub 5 second 0-60... i think you could probably catch him... lol

jp... there are so many 3g's up here its not even funny.

lostforawhile
09-10-2005, 02:11 PM
the sub 5 second was my cross eyed friend trying to read a stop watch,i posted something about that, it's still pretty quick, what i mean is he's always going the other way or something like that. i was going to follow him today but some dumb redneck in a pos truck cut me off. it's almost unheard of to see a hatch around here. i was looking for a parts car and i located one in a junkyard in five years. some of the ricer idiots claim my car is a toyota with a honda badge. they are too young to remember these cars. I did see a buu-tee-full hatch with flordia plates go through here once,he waved too,might have been someone from the site. it was a red i've never seen on a honda before.

bobafett
09-10-2005, 03:11 PM
lol ya i knew what u meant. man thats gotta suck to not have any other 3g's to scavenge from. :(

lostforawhile
09-10-2005, 04:56 PM
lol ya i knew what u meant. man thats gotta suck to not have any other 3g's to scavenge from. :(when i found that hatch i gave her like 150 bucks for everything i could get from it,couldn't get the motor though,it had a rod through the block,this was the one full of bullet holes. i stayed out in the georgia heat unbolting every part i could for weeks. even the suspension,the entire thing.

frantik
09-10-2005, 06:40 PM
thats so crazy that 3gs are that rare in your area that you think you could find out the owner by posting here.. hehe in san jose i'll see like 5 3gs any time i walk around downtown for just a few minutes.

lostforawhile
09-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I was talking about the hatches being rare. I should have clarified. if i catch up with the owner i'll tell them about the site,there are a lot of sedans around here,but they are usually really ragged out. the hatch must have been more popular out west or something. I keep my eyes open and i've been all over the south and still rarey spot one. I think there are some in flordia,but none around here. I was just hoping someone might have an idea who it might be. I know that red one must have had a lot of work put into it. I thought that might have been a flordia member since most people don't bother to fix them. Most people drive them until they quit and junk them. The poll that is going on here about what kind of 3g you drive doesn't even show that many hatches.

88accordhb
09-10-2005, 07:15 PM
haha stupid ass thread.

hey yah, ummm CT has an announcement. has anyone seen this one sedan 3g in the bay area. it's like brown. oh there was this other red coupe one. then there's some gray and white and blue stock sedans and hatches. anyone seen this in my town?

lostforawhile
09-10-2005, 07:21 PM
haha stupid ass thread.

hey yah, ummm CT has an announcement. has anyone seen this one sedan 3g in the bay area. it's like brown. oh there was this other red coupe one. then there's some gray and white and blue stock sedans and hatches. anyone seen this in my town?man why is everyone in such a bad mood tonight? these hatches are really rare out here. maby in other parts of the country they are common but not here. I have spent years looking for parts in junkyards all over the south and believe me they are hard to find. sedans are everywhere but if you are looking for any hatch specific parts, forget it.

88accordhb
09-10-2005, 07:23 PM
ummm maybe i can give you my pos hatch. come and pick it up.

lostforawhile
09-10-2005, 07:32 PM
thanks but i don't think it would be worth towing it cross country. appreciate it though. I am going to look for one closer to home,thought about renting a truck with a car dolly. we are supposed to go to ohio in a few months so i might look for some parts there. if i can get ahold of him again might drop in on acid bath while i'm there.

1ajs
09-10-2005, 10:42 PM
hatchi hatchi were are you come out come out were ever you are

respect to the dedication on your hatchi keep up the good work and good luck with ketching up with that guy gal anyhow

here i have never seen a hatchi show up at the recors if i ever see one will help fello pegers out and let them know

respect to all the 3geez still on the road

86AccordLxi
09-11-2005, 04:36 AM
People are not entirely receptive to this thread because it's almost ridiculous to assume that any other person driving a 3g is actually registered on this site. There are 6k members here and honda sold like a million of these things which makes for pretty bad odds.

Alex

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 04:48 AM
yea if it was a sedan i would say that but they didn't make nearly as many hatch backs, plus after twenty years not many of them are still on the road.I had checked a vechical statistics site a few years ago and there were under a thousand hatches still registered in the united states. i know there are fewer then that now. anyway i'll see if i can catch up with that person, this is a small town, i would like to get someone from the site who is local. I had mentioned that one with the flordia plates because it had obv. had a lot of work done to it,who else fixes an obscure hatchback up except guys from this site. i sure wish i had goten to speak to that person they must be a fan of the car to do all that work.

86AccordLxi
09-11-2005, 04:55 AM
What? Less than a thousand hatches??? I find that incredibly hard to believe. Incredibly.

Alex

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 05:12 AM
clarify-dx hatches,my faultpeople don't care about them when they break down they get junked and turned into toasters. from what i understand the sedan was made here in marysville,the hatch was made in japan. thats probably why so few of them were sold. most of the few i've seen were lxi's too. I think the majority of people can't fix the carbs is the reason they are vanishing so fast. even the honda dealers have told me i'm pretty much on my own, they said honda doesn't train their technicians to fix the carburated cars anymore. when the dealer abandons a car as far as service they start ending up in junkyards. thats why i was so surprised when i ran across this site years ago, we have one of the biggest collections of people with hatches probably anywhere in the us. This is the same thing that happened to MGs they used to be everywhere here,and in about 15 years time they almost don't exist in the united states anymore.

gp02a0083
09-11-2005, 06:08 AM
sellin my hatch , good for a parts car or if u can fix the minor frame damage it'll be good

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 06:44 AM
don't really have a way to move an entire car right now, if you are parting it out i might be interested. i got a lot of my parts off that 89lxi, i can find parts from the front of the car,but the problem is that hatch parts like glass and such are hard to find. i have a rust free hatch but someone put bad tint over the defroster lines and it's hard to remove without damaging them. I'm just glad stuff like power train parts is the same as the sedan. I can find sedans all day in the salvage yards. it's kind of like the civic wagon from the mid eighties,there were a lot of them but now they don't exist. was a neat little car too. I wonder how many hatches were made vs. sedan or coupe? i know it wa dropped because of lack of sales. the coupe and sedan kept going but the hatch is probably gone for good. I guess the popularity of the accord hatch in the seventies just died out. the civic is the hatch of choice now. well this thread is going of topic a little, i'll keep my eyes open,this town isn't that big.

88accordalltheway
09-11-2005, 09:29 AM
haha stupid ass thread.

hey yah, ummm CT has an announcement. has anyone seen this one sedan 3g in the bay area. it's like brown. oh there was this other red coupe one. then there's some gray and white and blue stock sedans and hatches. anyone seen this in my town?
:werd:
This thread has no relevance.

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 09:45 AM
:werd:
This thread has no relevance.yea it was derailed. i have just given up on it. the entire point was if someone in the georgia flordia area might know who it was, it's not like there are hatches everywhere in this part of the country. instead somepeople decided to run me down. if it was a sedan i wouldn't even ask they are so common.

gp02a0083
09-11-2005, 03:21 PM
nah i cant part it out i have to get rid of the whole thing , and about hatches anyone got a # on how many were in production?

88accordhb
09-11-2005, 03:32 PM
yea it was derailed. i have just given up on it. the entire point was if someone in the georgia flordia area might know who it was, it's not like there are hatches everywhere in this part of the country. instead somepeople decided to run me down. if it was a sedan i wouldn't even ask they are so common.
hahahah don't make it a big deal man, i was just fuckin' with ya.

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Thats what i'm trying to find out they were merged with the integra line after 89,thats where they went,i have a book from honda that tells about all that they didn't make nearly as many as the sedans

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 04:41 PM
hahahah don't make it a big deal man, i was just fuckin' with ya.oh ok, thats all right then. :)

2drSE-i
09-12-2005, 07:12 AM
i see at least 20 3geez a week in my area, but very rarely do i see a hatch

i have NEVER seen another coupe here tho...

edit:

btw, just ignore CT, hes a bitch

1ajs
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
lol hatchies are dieing :sad2: real shame real shame i havent seen a hatch in a long long time should start a club just for the hatchie lost for a while............

gp02a0083
09-13-2005, 07:51 AM
yah a club is a good idea unfortuneally my hatch is like 1/4 of the way dead b/c of the frame being bent , but im still lookin for another 3 g but it might be a while

88eyeguy
09-13-2005, 12:40 PM
come out to dallas. we've got hatches out the wazoo down here. there's an import junkyard about 20 minutes from my house, and they had three dx hatches and one lxi. heck, they even had a couple of sei coupes (but the interiors of those were stripped).

1ajs
09-13-2005, 01:27 PM
lol lol

saw a hatchie today on my way home from school gray color lol