PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Honda Accords

AccordDX86
09-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I was just wondering the difference in all the 1986 model accords. Aside from the appearance, is there anything that differentiate mechanically? Just a thought that has come to me. Couldn't find anything about this anywhere. Thanks.

-Brett

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 07:34 PM
well there is the bs and the a20 engine not much difference though. if it's a really early one it might have some of the 85 features. of course there are the differences betwen the hatch and the sedan and coupe. i have heard some of the really early ones had instruments that were different. of course they should all have the double wishbone suspension on all four wheels,that was new to 86.

3gn86lxi
09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
All 1986 to 1987 Accords are the same. BUT you have the LXI and the Lx, Dx models.
All the LXI models are fuel injected, any othe model will be carburated. American models anyway. But as far as motor parts, ect. 86-87 are the same.88-89 are different, but interchangable between those years.

lostforawhile
09-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Ias far as i know the bs motor interchanges too, i guess that came out in early 86

3gn86lxi
09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Ias far as i know the bs motor interchanges too, i guess that came out in early 86
Hey Tim..........Off topic, but how come you were banned back in the day???
Just saw a really old post that said you were banned, thought I would ask.

88accordalltheway
09-11-2005, 10:21 PM
of course there are the differences betwen the hatch and the sedan and coupe.
there was no coupe in 86

lostforawhile
09-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Hey Tim..........Off topic, but how come you were banned back in the day???
Just saw a really old post that said you were banned, thought I would ask.
I wasn't banned, I was off the site for a while,I didn't have a screen name then, i registered with a screen name when i was able to get back on,so they bannned my old screen name not me,thats to keep the post count and stuff straight.

AccordDX86
09-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I was just wondering if the motors were all the same 98 horsepower I think it is. Also, if an intake says it will work on a LXi, will it work on my DX? And, if so, what would you guys recommend? Thanks guys.

-Brett

spanky
09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I was just wondering if the motors were all the same 98 horsepower I think it is. Also, if an intake says it will work on a LXi, will it work on my DX? And, if so, what would you guys recommend? Thanks guys.

-Brett
no intake will work on a dx from an lxi. dx= cheap carb model, lxi = not so cheap fuel injected. you can get a b1.5L(off a crx) port injected box off a civic or crx and put it on your car so you can build your own air intake or CAI (cold air intake)

Vanilla Sky
09-12-2005, 06:21 PM
also, the LXi had a rear stabilizer bar that the DX and LX lacked, and the front stabilizer bar was enlarged. a moonroof was standard on all LXi sedans, and possibly the LX sedans. those were the main things other than features that were different.

the LXi had more power (112 in 86 i believe)

bobafett
09-12-2005, 07:02 PM
86 from what i hear doesnt have clutch lock, so u can start the car without your foot on the clutch. also 86-87 has different seat mounting. and i have seens 2 different 86 LXi's with different seats as well, they mounted totally different. :(

also they have different brakes, etc. :D

lostforawhile
09-12-2005, 07:10 PM
mines got one,don't want to start that argument again, i thought all the dx's had the rear roll bar? maby it's just the hatch. i know there is one on my car. yea the 89 seats were completly different,one track is sideways and attaches to the exaust tunnel if i remember correctly. i know i had to do a lot of parts swapping to make them fit in my dx. oh yea the lxi from 89 had the stupid seatbelt attached to the door and the seat,also the door panels were different.

A20A1
09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
There are some minor things, I don't have anything on mind right now thought...

One of the EFE plate gaskets below the carb on the 86 is different then the 88-89.