PDA

View Full Version : Ca Smog SUCK'S

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok i went to get my Accord a smog and it pass perfect But the smog guy Failed because he could not find the carb number in the A.R.B database so i had to take it to the smog ref and i had to pay again got to love that .Here is the kick in the ass the A.R.B miss listed the DC Header in there Database instead of it being listed under Carb 370-6 it under 370-12 in there Database for the Dc Header for are Accords so i got that problem out of the way so i do the smog again and it all good BUT it fail Because of the Gas Cap :pc: So i had to Buy a gas cap and pay one more time for the smog :barf: You got to love Ca for all the Shit they will put you through to smog your Car :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :madflip: California :rice:

POS carb
09-14-2005, 04:29 PM
I was a victim too I feel you... I did all the funny stuff to make it pass too like alcohol in the tank and other car voodoo. They flunked me because the carb preheater hose that lets the carb suck hot air off the exhaust wasn't there and the distributor was getting vacuum at both advance ports so it was over spec. Luckly the guy at the shop was cool, he said they aren't supposed to give help/suggestions due to liabilities (and less income$$ :deal: )
He told me lowering the timing would reduce the HCs or NOx (I don't remember) and that I could buy generic replacement hose to pass the visual. I remember they hooked up my gascap to that stupid machine too. He also said my muffler had holes and that would affect the test results

So i went to auto parts, got that preheater hose, an air filter, cap, rotor
Went home, put a beebee in the cold ignition advance tube, ordered a Pacesetter high flow catalytic and catback exhaust. After hooked up my new goodies, I went to walgreens, bought the least diluted isoprophyl alcohol (supposedly lowers combustion temps) and filled the tank with that bottle and 91 octane<-- (W T F is that all about California?).

Pass!!!!
I then proceded to remove every gadget and hose I could find in that engine. I now chiill in Miami where I don't fear smog, I fear other drivers

Busted_Blue
09-14-2005, 04:33 PM
i gotta smog my accord in december..woo -_-

1ajs
09-14-2005, 05:56 PM
hey busted heres a new mod for ya go diesil lol

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I Hate F*^%ing D.M.V .I went to D.M.V today to pay my tags and they charged me $122.00 for my Tags :jaw: I am like W.T.F :pc: and my tags were not late that what Kills me God you got to LOVE CALIFORNIA :barf: :flip: This state i am moveing out of here :madflip: :Owned:

ACE_14
09-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Cali. smog tests suck a$$. I still can't pass mine because of my cam and other mods, so I'm gonna take a visit to a "FRIEND" of my dad to pass me. I'll cost a bit more, but it WILL pass no matter what.

adams86lxi
09-21-2005, 11:05 PM
yea, i just got my car smogged and registred finnaly just the other day in cali. And i dont even have a exhuast system lol.

895spdforfree
09-22-2005, 02:25 PM
haha, really a cam wont let u pass smog even if its just a mild grind? cause i live in cali and i was tihking about getting one

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-24-2005, 11:19 PM
California smog regulation and so tight now if you shoved a piece of cole up California ASS you would a Diamond by the end of the Week.

Strugglebucket
09-25-2005, 02:56 AM
haha, really a cam wont let u pass smog even if its just a mild grind? cause i live in cali and i was tihking about getting one
you can pass smog with a mild cam. it's just that your engine and converter all have to be in pretty good condition.

895spdforfree
09-25-2005, 09:24 AM
oh alright thanks im gonna buy a delta cam

$65.56 FOR THE GRIND AND $30.00 CORE.

cant wait