PDA

View Full Version : another vr question, sorry guys

cody509
09-12-2005, 04:15 PM
ok well i went ahead and did the stage 2 vacuum line removal today, minus the manual secondary part. it went really smooth actually, besides not being able to locate one of the lines i was supposed to plug, the one at the back underneath the carb, that has 14 and connects to the ac idle boost, i wasnt exactly sure which one to do so i didnt bother, if you have a picture of it, other than the diagram that would be great...i couldnt even figure out what the ac idle boost was, i couldnt find it lol :sad2:

i was also curious about what the "black box" is? as well as what i actually need to do to remove my cruise control, it doesnt kick on anyways so i figured i might as well take it off eh? i thought the black box was the well...the big black thing in the top left of the engine bay, it has like 10 vac lines going to it, but i didnt know... i searched but have yet to find the info i actually need

but i went to a local autoparts store and bought a pack of various sizes of vacuum line plugs, it was real nice, got everything plugged, cleaned the carb while i was at it and got everything put back together.

just curious if all the vac lines going to the filter need to be intact? like when you make the cai do you have to hook all those up or just the electric sensor? i believe theres 3 or so...cuz i ended up cutting them off...

i didnt tune the carb because i honeslty dont know how, i know how, but i dont know whats right and whats wrong, i started her up and it took like 10 pumps for it to turn over, revved real high for about a second or two, then dropped down to about 1500 and was running real smooth. she used to idle really high, about 3k all the time, so that was an improvement.

i took her for a test drive and 2nd gear pulled way harder, as well as third. :werd: i dont know whats common, but i was at about 86 mph in third gear at about 4500 rpm with plenty left in her, before i left off.

but a strange thing happened, i drove to the store about half an hour later, went in and bought some stuff, came out and started her up and she wouldnt start at first, tried again and it took like 8 pumps, and was idling at like 500, sputtering real bad, i take it im running so rich its wanting to drown it? not relaly sure, but it was sputtering and wanting to die all the way home in every gear.

this is a long post sorry, but ive got a lot of stuff i wanted to share.

thanks guys!

cody509
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
well, i fixed the sputtering problem, one of my plugs actually blew all the way off and out onto the road somewhere lol, put a tiny bit of adhesive around the rim of the nipple and put another one on, now she runs like a champ :)

but im still curious of how to remove my cruise control, what the "Black box" is, and where my ac boost solenoid is?

A20A1
09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, I'm glad things are okay even though you're not familliar with everything on the carb.

that is the A/C idle boost.
http://webpages.charter.net/ygisin/carb/003.jpg

A20A1
09-12-2005, 07:51 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=45880

the "Black Box" a.k.a "Control Box"

It's on the passenger side of the car in the engine bay near the ignition coil... I assume you live in the US or Canada.

cody509
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
im actually more of an offroad guy, so im used to bigger fuel injected motors...my last project being a 91 cherokee, 7" lift with 36" swampers

yep, i live in the states.

so what exactly does the black box do? got a picture of it? do i just remove everything its connected to?

same with the cruise control, whats everything look like that i need to remove?

i dont have a manual otherwise i wouldnt need you guys, but i thank you for your time and patience with a newbie to the honda world :)

oh, and does anyone have like stats for mph / rpm rates for each gear?

cody509
09-12-2005, 09:16 PM
well, i was right in guessing what the black box was, but how can you just "remove" it? theres what, 12 vacuum lines going to it?

oh, and for viewer enjoyment i scrounged up a picture of my old jeep
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/xsupersoakerx/harvy.jpg :rice:

cody509
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
do you have a good picture showing the a/c boost in your engine bay?

as well as this http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/xsupersoakerx/2.gif

cody509
09-12-2005, 09:55 PM
and do i just plug the back one like you have on your picture? its hard to tell in the illustration.

sorry i have a shit load of questions

A20A1
09-12-2005, 10:31 PM
The back circled metal pipe is a stuck in the rear of the intake manifold... it has two ports on it to tap into manifold vacuum... one large port and one small port.

The Red Star tells you which port to plug.

The Black lines are New vacuum lines and where they meet the port is where you need to connect them... you may need a few vacuum hose adapters and Multiple "T" fittings .

Can you hook your car keys to your ear thingies?

:)

A20A1
09-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Here are better pictures.

http://webpages.charter.net/ygisin/carb/carb.html

cody509
09-12-2005, 10:39 PM
i guess i could if i wanted too lol

cody509
09-12-2005, 10:45 PM
still no word on a step by step process of getting rid of the cruise control?

or even pictures of the parts that need to be removed?

cody509
09-12-2005, 11:15 PM
i more or less just wish someone was here to show me where stuff is in person lol, im such a visual learner its not even funny, especially with all this new carb stuff im having to learn

cody509
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
so no answers? :(

88accordalltheway
09-14-2005, 02:49 PM
buy a hanes manual, itll help you out a lot.

A20A1
09-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Sorry I can't be more help sooner... you'll have to wait till the weekend when I have more time.

There should be enough info on the board to help you in the mean time if you search.