PDA

View Full Version : New CAT back installed !!!

Deadhead
09-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey, i got it installed and everything, here's some pictures
YES IT IS BIG AND STUFF, BUT IT SOUNDS SOOO NICE, REALLY DEEP TONE TO IT. it's not like those civic's you hear going around..... no blare to it at all, just clean smooth bass effect :D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Qman06/My%20Honda/exhaust4.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Qman06/My%20Honda/exhaust3.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Qman06/My%20Honda/exhaust2.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/Qman06/My%20Honda/exhaust1.jpg

halxi
09-14-2005, 07:42 PM
sweet!! looks damn good!

how much would it if costed you if you didnt get your discount/get it for free or however that worked out?

Now you just need a CAI to go with it :P

88accordalltheway
09-14-2005, 07:48 PM
after all the flaming, and people still buy these things. I dont get it.

halxi
09-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Theres worse cans to buy, at least its a semi-clean look...

truetune
09-14-2005, 08:24 PM
there cheep........If there done right rarely they sound ok if it sounds bad cut it off just like gane gree if its bad cut it out. stock without a mufflar sounds kool its quiet if you cut it like 4in after the mufflar. I have a good idea a glass pack those sound sweet on V8s its only 4cly lesss right bossss.

greese the shit out of your cars suspension parts they look sickly like they have gotten frost bite form the snow y0.

oh yeah looks nice keep it up Lx-i's rawk. a sound clip of it would do wonders for those who dislike.

Deadhead
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah, i'll get a sound clip up asap

Yes, this looks like a ricer can, but it sounds hella nice.... not really that loud. And there's no weed wacker sound to it. I really like the way it sounds, it's all SMOOTH LOW TONE.

You would really have to hear this to appreciate it, plus, it was free, so i'm not complaining. :P

Strugglebucket
09-14-2005, 09:38 PM
so you kept the stock resonator?

88accordhb
09-14-2005, 09:43 PM
i'm sorry dude, but i had that pea shooter on mine too, i'm just soo sick of seeing it. fuckin oem is the way to go, guess i grew out of all that riceness a while ago.

SRT Handz
09-14-2005, 09:54 PM
after all the flaming, and people still buy these things. I dont get it.

You need to get a damn Magnaflow With DTM Tips

Deadhead
09-15-2005, 05:25 AM
yes, i kept the stock resonator.... and amazingly enough, it doesn't sound ricy at all... but i'm hopefully going to get a video shot today of me doing some stuff, so you can probably hear it then :P

Also, this cat-back has helped my top end extremely much, you can feel the difference at 4k rpm.... it's much faster, i think the muffler and pipe i had on before was choking it.

carotman
09-15-2005, 06:53 AM
Waht's the pipe size?

Deadhead
09-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Waht's the pipe size?

2 inch

Cheeseburger
09-15-2005, 07:28 AM
not bad bro pip looks good, i really dont like the "can" but hey u said it was free

superaccord
09-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey! Nice to see you have exhaust now. I actually really like it for some reason. Don't listen to these cool kids "oem is the way to go" blah! stock sucks! Keep up the good work!!As long as your happy and it sounds good.

spanky
09-15-2005, 05:05 PM
looks nice, and im with super im not for oem specs anything aftermarket is the way to go.i love my carbonfiber fartcan.

88accordhb
09-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey! Nice to see you have exhaust now. I actually really like it for some reason. Don't listen to these cool kids "oem is the way to go" blah! stock sucks! Keep up the good work!!As long as your happy and it sounds good.
haha, well i'm glad you think 114 pony powa at the crank for a honda from the 80's is nice. keep up the good thinking. :ugh:

now you should go race some GT rustangs or some really really fast and furious cars.

hahahaha jp man jp. it's not bad watever floats your boat.

Deadhead
09-15-2005, 06:14 PM
dude, free or 180 bucks, your choice.

I chose free honestly... stock would have been 180.

lostforawhile
09-15-2005, 06:15 PM
why in the world would someone want the oem one on there? it's one of the most restrictive mufflers honda ever made. I have had a glass pack for years, i redid the entire system from one end to the other and it doesn't sound ricy. this motor has a different sound then the weedeater motor in a civic. i went with 1 3/4 pipe after doing some figuring on the computer, that way i don't lose low end torque, i don't have a cat eithier so i had to figure that in. that is still bigger then stock,the stock pipes were double wall so they looked bigger then they were. the pipe from the manifold to the converter is really not that bad one of the wierd facts about making the converter efficient was to have that larger pipe. but from the converter back it sucks big time. they wanted that honda hush.

88accordhb
09-15-2005, 07:11 PM
why in the world would someone want the oem one on there? it's one of the most restrictive mufflers honda ever made. I have had a glass pack for years, i redid the entire system from one end to the other and it doesn't sound ricy. this motor has a different sound then the weedeater motor in a civic. i went with 1 3/4 pipe after doing some figuring on the computer, that way i don't lose low end torque, i don't have a cat eithier so i had to figure that in. that is still bigger then stock,the stock pipes were double wall so they looked bigger then they were. the pipe from the manifold to the converter is really not that bad one of the wierd facts about making the converter efficient was to have that larger pipe. but from the converter back it sucks big time. they wanted that honda hush.
true, but it's a20 motor, grocery getter. no more from me tho.