PDA

View Full Version : add on to the sticky about fixing the front bumper sag

lostforawhile
09-15-2005, 07:56 PM
i wanted to add something to the sticky about fixing the sagging front bumper, i found out by accident that the front mounts can be repaired very easy and very cheap. in the center of the front mount is a rubber piece that sags,you remove the bolt holding it in the housing,insert a large spacer washer one on top of the rubber piece,one on the bottom,then reinsert it back into it's housing. it's like a two dollar fix and it works great. i fixed mine like this and haven't had a problem since. the dimensions of the washers depend on on how worn the rubber bushing is. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13SG70_G02.gif

88LXi68
09-16-2005, 02:16 PM
sounds like a good idea... I will have to give it a try.

lostforawhile
09-16-2005, 03:27 PM
what you need to do step by step
step one:remove front bumper cover
step two :remove bumper mounts by unbolting them
step three ;remove the bolt holding the rubber insert in the metal square mount,it goes right through it
step four: find a washer that will wedge in the top and bottom the the little square mount,on both sides of the rubber piece,in some cases you only need one depending on the wear.
step 5:reinstall bolt so it goes through both washers and the rubber piece
step 6 :reinstall the bumper mounts to the car
step 7: reinstall and adjust the bumper cover
it only takes a little wear in the rubber piece to cause a lot of sag in your bumper,if it's worn the bumper can't be adjusted up right,this fixes that problem. i discovered this while working on the front of my car, i kept adjusting the bumper but it wouldn't stay up, i finally pulled it off and figured out what the problem was. after digging through my junk drawer i came up with this solution for free. it was supposed to be temp. but it worked so well i never bothered to order the new bumper mounts. :)