PDA

View Full Version : Need help building theoretical best system ever

FyreDaug
09-15-2005, 10:08 PM
So as some of you know I build and sell carputers (computers in cars for a/v) and I personally prefer home theater amps for car stereos (no problems 1.25 years). And I want to build the ultimate system for in the car, no set price, I imagine this would cost well over $25000. But I am thinking completely focal top components for all speakers (10.1 configuration). 2 15" subs aimed at the chassis in the trunk and a single 10" in the cab to hear it. With 10.1 I imagine that would be 2 sets of fronts (4) a front center (1) a rear center (1) and 2 sets of rears (4) for a total of 10. And ofcourse the 2 different front sets can be moved around wherever in the car. 3 screens, 1 to the right of the driver (by the driver door, RHD remember) for a screen full of the different applications (5" ish) also having play/pause/back/forward/stop as buttons. Touch screen ofcourse.
A 7" screen where the normal deck would go, and something a little larger for playlist viewing above that.

The best amp: DENON AVCA1XV Like 4000 british pounds, and it weighs in at 47kgs.

The computer itself would be something like a dual athlon 64, 2 gigs of ram and a terrabyte of HDD space. X850 graphics and audigy 4 (optical out) sound card.

What would you guys recommend for parts? (Note, I'm hoping to win the lottery lol)

And all of this would be contained within an R32 Skyline. Blah blah blah, Im bored at work and this probably didnt make sence... :lock:

Hash_man_Se_i
09-15-2005, 10:51 PM
First off... Focal is definately the place to start, but using 2 different sized subs would not sound very good at all IMO.

If you want the best system ever you're probably just getting started at around 25000... Try about $10,000 CDN retail for one amp... Audison Thesis HV venti... then for speakers some Focal BE's... Maybe the no 5's or 6's... one set of those is somewhere in the $7000 CDN range i believe... Then maybe the BE 8" subs, lets say 4... lol... it'd definately get up there... but as for components that is where I would start.

As for a HU, I'd probably use something along the lines of an Eclipse 8v screen with built in 5.1 if you want a screen, or something like a Clarion 9255 and add your screens and processor seperately.

Audiocontrol for your EQ, X-over and whatnot is what I would use aswell. But i'd have to say the hardest part of this whole system would probably be the tuning of it, and placement of the speakers.

And for RCA's and whatnot I'd definately be using all monster cable products.

Thesis:
http://www.audison.de/thesis/pics/hv_venti_gross.jpg

Utopia Be No. 6
http://www.focal.tm.fr/car/images/im_utopiabe/accueil.jpg

Utopia Be 8" sub.
http://www.avtozvuk.com/az/Az_0205/Utopia/v_zastavku.jpg

Ludi Mali
09-16-2005, 07:28 AM
2 different size subs could sound good if they were tuned right. you'd have to use the 8 almost like a really low midrange and the 15's as bass.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-16-2005, 01:35 PM
^^ I guess thats true... just crossover the 8's really high, and let the 15;s get the real low frequencies....

Hey... put the 8's in the doors... now that would be cool.

FyreDaug
09-16-2005, 06:18 PM
yeah 15's would get35< and whatever else would be 35-80. no hu sticking with carputer and optical