PDA

View Full Version : Black Cylinder Thing...

kaltenacht
09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Heh, so I changed my battery cables today, which were in pretty bad shape. In my haste to find something else to remove or fix, I started looking at my cruise control module that I've been wanting to remove for a while... I got to looking and noticed this Black cylinder that is attached a bracket that the cruise control module is attached to... It has a vac line that runs out the top of it to the side of the intake manifold... SO my question is, does this relate to the cruise control in any way?? if i take out the module do i need to remove the black cylinder also and plug the vac line? Or do i need to just leave the black clyinder and remove the CCM?

AZmike
09-16-2005, 11:15 AM
The cylinder just stores vacuum for the cruise control. It can come out also if you decide to remove the cc actuator.

kaltenacht
09-16-2005, 11:36 AM
The cylinder just stores vacuum for the cruise control. It can come out also if you decide to remove the cc actuator.

Really? I noted it kept vacuum when i pulled the line, but i didnt know what it stored it for the CC. So then I can just cap the line off then? And also, I check my haynes manual, but didn't find much info, but where does that cable led to comeing from the ccm? and i am assuming that it is completely independent from the throttle cable?

AZmike
09-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I think the cruise control cable links with the throttle cable under the dash, but I haven't had to mess with it myself yet. Why are you removing yours? The weight savings is pretty small.

smufguy
09-16-2005, 11:59 AM
the cable from the cruise control unit hooks on to a seperate lever on the gas pedal right below the throttle cable attachment. move the lever back, and unhook the cruize cable from the pedal unit. Then as you said, cap off the vacant vaccum line outlet from the intake manifold. The cruize control unit can be unclipped from its electrical connection and removed along with the black vaccum tank.

kaltenacht
09-16-2005, 02:35 PM
the cable from the cruise control unit hooks on to a seperate lever on the gas pedal right below the throttle cable attachment. move the lever back, and unhook the cruize cable from the pedal unit. Then as you said, cap off the vacant vaccum line outlet from the intake manifold. The cruize control unit can be unclipped from its electrical connection and removed along with the black vaccum tank.

KK thanks for the help, thats exactly what i wanted to know. Will it hurt to just remove the CC unit and leave the cable attached to the pedal for now? The reason why i am removing it is because it doesnt work anyway, and ive never used cruise control as it is... But thanks for all the input

smufguy
09-16-2005, 05:33 PM
you're welcome, the thing is that if you leave the cable attached and remove just the unit, then you will have to unscrew the unit where the cable connects in and you will have that part dangling in the engine bay. Unless you tie it down, its not good to have something like that dancing around cause if it gets caught in any moving parts, like ur belts, it wont be good. So just disconnect it from the pedal. its much easier than anything.

kaltenacht
09-16-2005, 08:05 PM
ya thats true, i am going to remove it but, i was just curious as to wether or not it would hurt ne thing being in there temporary.. but thanks again i am going to remove it tomorrow

kaltenacht
09-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Muahahahaha, I have finally destroyed the evil cruise control that has plagued my car for what seems like forever. :devil: I first launched the attack last night after I started my exhaust. :chainsaw: I cut its cables and pulled its lines in a terrible on Sault :rocket:. Finally removing its from the car i threw it on the ground and pocked it with a stick :stick:

KK, i know that was really retarded but hey i finally took it out, and it wasnt as hard as i thought it was!

EDIT, oh and those smilies are quite fun to play with!