PDA

View Full Version : 3geez tuner *poll*: what type of tuner are you?

88accordhb
09-17-2005, 12:33 PM
well, i'm just sittin here pondering, what kind of 3geez owner are you? i've noticed a diverse variety of 3rd gen accord on this site (and yes, i do see alot of stuff on here, 3geez is all i do, have no life). but anyways, i have a carbed dx, i've done just some stuff to it like lower it and some nice rims. i used to be rice as hell dude, i'll admit it, cannon ball muffer, carbed short ram and all!!!! but now it's just stock with suspension and sure gets lots of random looks. i do get nice comments like "hey man, nice old school you don't see that alot anymore." sure i feels good to hear that you know. these are guys like busted_blue and mreff, some nice lookin accords and i'm sure they don't go around trying to race every 5.0 they see.

i know with the a series, we can't do much on performance unless you got a shit load of money. but yah sadly, lots of pple do shit to their accords and think they're the fast and the furious. come on guys freakin exhaust, intake and header will NOT get you to do even 16 seconds in the quarter mile.

and there are those who do have tuned 3g beast, jon with his b18 set up (13's et in a sedan!!!!)), adam's b20 turbo, rob's b20 turbo, steve's ls/vtec, elijah's, jason's and accordepicenter's a20a3t, and ledgendmaster's soon to be bseries hatch, that one guy from thailand with his b16a2 nice lookin jdm 4door. a copule other's with some tuned a and b series, heck! there's even some tuned carbed guys that are pretty quick, ie. the micheals, lol...i give soo much props to these dude, they put blood and sweat in dedication of a passion. these are the true tuners.

then there are some that are just ricey as a farm in vietnam and they think they're fast or something. fuckin big wing on the trunk and they think it helps down force, crazy giant body kits, hecka purple and green and yellow and red and pos rainbow color lights led piece of crap. stupid type r emblems, fat apc pepboys piece of crap stickers... and the sad thing is, when i tell the truth to them, it's like they get a stick up their asses and cuss me out for saying the truth. :rolleyes:

yah sigh, that's my rant. and i know most of the rest are just stock for communting and stuff, that's wat an untuned 3rd gen accord should be. there you have it, poured my heart out. haha

TTSpider
09-17-2005, 05:50 PM
I dont have the time or money to be a true-tuner, so for now its just a nice car to cruise in...

mykwikcoupe
09-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I put down the true tuner myself. Ive got a fully sport tuned suspension tuned on a 4 corner scale. well at least as far as you can go with external valved konis, sprint springs addco sway bars and dc sport strut tower brace. thing rides on rails. Ive done all the major overhaul from 5 speed swaps, rear disk swaps, full interior swaps, working on project b20a turbo and project carbed b20a.

SiR
09-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Ive already done the "true tuner" setup 4 years ago with the suspension. Now its just clean "OEM" looking car.

bobafett
09-17-2005, 11:58 PM
getting to true tuner status, but the car isnt ran for its looks, and i have a major setup coming soon that is definetly worth of true tuner status

Busted_Blue
09-18-2005, 02:29 AM
Never really wanted to mod the car till I wanted it to handle like rails..so I got a fair share of performance handling mods on my car as well as the typical intake/header/exhaust and random comestics.

What would that be? I dunno i just voted randomly. =)

maka_RTH
09-18-2005, 06:26 AM
i voted true tuner, although i'm not officially there yet. i'm still waiting on the money factor, but i do have the donor engine out. i just need the money to build it from the bottom up. all N/A for me :D

edit: oh, and i have done a 5 spd swap, full suspension on two different 3g's of mine, rear disc, pulled trannies, heads, engine...

88Accord-DX
09-18-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm a moderate tuner. I've got some work under the hood, but mainly engine part replacement & cosmetic (paint) to get it running & looking good.

Cheeseburger
09-18-2005, 06:38 AM
Stock grocery getter for me please! wOOt lol..so who else is one lol c'mon guys dont be shy hehe

88accordhb
09-18-2005, 07:19 AM
Stock grocery getter for me please! wOOt lol..so who else is one lol c'mon guys dont be shy hehe
nothing wrong with that. i would bring the bitch back to stock status, the ride is shitty as hella right now. and tires are expensive for like bigger wheels you know.

88accordalltheway
09-18-2005, 09:46 AM
im definatly more of the school/work commuter... Its all nice and clean, looks decent. Its fun to have the goodies like an alarm w/ remote start(gets people stairing), and sound system. Theres not much one can do(legally that is) with a carb in cali, so itll stay pretty much stock under the hood. Possible a header back, gunna get better engine grounds, and already flipped the lid(lol, yea i know, but its the same as a short ram). Just to get it a little better than stock will be good for me, dont need to race people or anything.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty much the get to school/work guy.
Although this winter I plan to change that. Right now I enjoy a fairly stock car, hell my stereo isnt even in the car right now, i just have exhaust and my brakes done for now.

But I have been compiling parts, and this winter I plan to tear the car down, get it repainted and all the rust cut out, and built the motor myself, also doing a 5spd swap at the same time.

So hopefully I can reach true tuner status soon/

adams86lxi
09-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm a true tuner and have done major modifications; I pour money, time, and sweat into my setup.

I guess i fall into the true tuner category. Ive done and am still doing NON STOP work to my piece of shit. I cant even keep my car running on the road for more then a week before something usually goes wrong and requires me to rip the bitch apart again. Every cent i have ever had since i was like 15 has gone into my car unfortuantly (which is actually not too much lol). I think if one more major thing goes wrong im fucking done. Ill be sellin the car and movin on to something easier and something more reliable that i can actually find parts for. But dont think i would be doing this to another car lol.

88accordhb
09-18-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm a true tuner and have done major modifications; I pour money, time, and sweat into my setup.

I guess i fall into the true tuner category. Ive done and am still doing NON STOP work to my piece of shit. I cant even keep my car running on the road for more then a week before something usually goes wrong and requires me to rip the bitch apart again. Every cent i have ever had since i was like 15 has gone into my car unfortuantly (which is actually not too much lol). I think if one more major thing goes wrong im fucking done. Ill be sellin the car and movin on to something easier and something more reliable that i can actually find parts for. But dont think i would be doing this to another car lol.
shut up dude, we all know already

well i'm not dawgin on you guys or anything you know, of course doin things is fun like I/H/E other stuff, but it's the pple that are really really cocky about their accords that annoy me. :rolleyes:

Cheeseburger
09-18-2005, 01:25 PM
ya thats very true ct

buds302
09-18-2005, 04:04 PM
ok all go no show. thats me im not a body man if that bitch done move i dont want it! how would you like it if some dude in a run down dirty car blew you nice" i just detailed it " car away? thats me. dont care what it looks like as long as it goes fast. but at the moment im drivin an 05' ford taurus. it sux but its a rental!

Legend_master
09-18-2005, 04:12 PM
I am a tuner myself, but just as CT I used to be a F&F person also :rice: . Once I grew out of that all, all I want is a very fast nice looking car, but I am not a big fan of newer bodystyle cars, so I like to restore older import cars and do crazy shit to them.

NotSeen2000
09-18-2005, 04:34 PM
i am a tru tuner but i dont hav the money. but im not a person who wants a car just 2 ride 2 school(out of school. HA HA!!) and story wit

Cheeseburger
09-18-2005, 06:55 PM
lol nobody wants to say that they are a "Stock grocery getter for me please!" punks!!!!!;p

halxi
09-18-2005, 07:07 PM
I wouldnt say im a "true" tuner because i dont have any money to put into my car at the moment lol, still a high school student. But i have done a fair share of work to this car. I say we need a part tuner/oem person... kuz i want a JDM/OEM stock look, but i have plans to boost and such.

adams86lxi
09-18-2005, 09:00 PM
shut up dude, we all know already

well i'm not dawgin on you guys or anything you know, of course doin things is fun like I/H/E other stuff, but it's the pple that are really really cocky about their accords that annoy me. :rolleyes:

i didnt know i was cocky? :sad2:

adams86lxi
09-18-2005, 09:02 PM
still a high school student.

thats no excuse dude lol j/k. Im still in high school too with no money lol.

Ludi Mali
09-19-2005, 10:38 AM
If i could actually get motivated to open the hood, stuff would get done. But I just keeps saying "fuck it" and it keeps ridin stock.

Cheeseburger
09-19-2005, 10:57 AM
thats no excuse dude lol j/k. Im still in high school too with no money lol.

dont rub it in adam lol j/k man

Pro_Mod_Accord
09-21-2005, 11:08 AM
well, i'm just sittin here pondering, what kind of 3geez owner are you? i've noticed a diverse variety of 3rd gen accord on this site (and yes, i do see alot of stuff on here, 3geez is all i do, have no life). but anyways, i have a carbed dx, i've done just some stuff to it like lower it and some nice rims. i used to be rice as hell dude, i'll admit it, cannon ball muffer, carbed short ram and all!!!! but now it's just stock with suspension and sure gets lots of random looks. i do get nice comments like "hey man, nice old school you don't see that alot anymore." sure i feels good to hear that you know. these are guys like busted_blue and mreff, some nice lookin accords and i'm sure they don't go around trying to race every 5.0 they see.

i know with the a series, we can't do much on performance unless you got a shit load of money. but yah sadly, lots of pple do shit to their accords and think they're the fast and the furious. come on guys freakin exhaust, intake and header will NOT get you to do even 16 seconds in the quarter mile.

and there are those who do have tuned 3g beast, jon with his b18 set up (13's et in a sedan!!!!)), adam's b20 turbo, rob's b20 turbo, steve's ls/vtec, elijah's, jason's and accordepicenter's a20a3t, and ledgendmaster's soon to be bseries hatch, that one guy from thailand with his b16a2 nice lookin jdm 4door. a copule other's with some tuned a and b series, heck! there's even some tuned carbed guys that are pretty quick, ie. the micheals, lol...i give soo much props to these dude, they put blood and sweat in dedication of a passion. these are the true tuners.

then there are some that are just ricey as a farm in vietnam and they think they're fast or something. fuckin big wing on the trunk and they think it helps down force, crazy giant body kits, hecka purple and green and yellow and red and pos rainbow color lights led piece of crap. stupid type r emblems, fat apc pepboys piece of crap stickers... and the sad thing is, when i tell the truth to them, it's like they get a stick up their asses and cuss me out for saying the truth. :rolleyes:

yah sigh, that's my rant. and i know most of the rest are just stock for communting and stuff, that's wat an untuned 3rd gen accord should be. there you have it, poured my heart out. haha

:werd: :dunno:

WOW....you sound like a true player Hater!!!LOL...gotta be more open minded,,,,custom is custom my friend...it's a expression of individuality,,,,no need to hate your fellow 3G'ers....... :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:
LOL :bowrofl:

cardoc33
09-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm a tuner. Have done a few race set-up's before, engine and suspension. My current car, the 88 LXI, is a bucket, tho. Don't have the money to pour into it. Don't want to pour alot it in it.
Just would like to make it handle a bit better. Would be satisfied if the fenders wouldn't scrape the ground when I throw it into a corner. :)

blazin3gen
09-21-2005, 05:54 PM

haha dude that was me my car was ricey but i loved it

spanky
09-21-2005, 07:22 PM
i think my self as a lil bit of everything.
1) loved shaved everything(Emblums,molding,bumper,etc)
2)love making any car go a lil faster
3) i cant ride around my town w/ a lowered sus b/c of the roads so stock ride hight is for me.
and finaly
I love my fat coffie can muffler and soon to be adding a 5" tak.

IM not into adding a body kit on my car or a wing besideds stock one
just because our cars were made in the 80's when the style was like a box. our cars are too square to have round bumpers w/ wide ass wings that are as big as the supras c'mon some ppl should look at there body lines of the car before they add some exterior pices.(PS. z3 fenders look ugly on our cars too so me personaly i wouldnt spend the time and money making them)

jigga225
09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
look good, reliable to and from work/.school..
that's all i can do with it now.

Jpanime13
09-25-2005, 11:09 PM
I am a wanna be trying to be True Tuner, when i get money it goes into my PC and my Accord the lastest installements where a magnaflow exust system and a nice sound system, next on my list are new shocks and struts.I have a 88 dx accord and even tho i don't race anymore I still wanna make this a 13 second car or better one day just to have fun on a track.

A20A1
09-25-2005, 11:29 PM
I'm more into R&D, I like the fact our car has low aftermarket support... we can't run out and buy parts on a whim so it weeds out a lot of the excess aftermarket hype garbage. When we try to adapt parts from other cars; like the B series intake manifolds we do a little more research and pull the good manifold from the market to add to our car... or we use OEM manifolds which are decent in their own way. Custom parts we have made in the past on group-buy basis; like adjustable cam gears, flywheels, etc. are parts we need, and parts that are worth the time and money that was invested in them. For me I look at what other people are looking for in terms of performance or any other car mod and look at what I know and what I need to know and then go about collecting all the information I can to make things easier for people to get started on their projects. I have my own projects but I'm poorly funded so they hardly ever get finished the way I want them to or don't get finished at all, but still I document what I can so people can pick up where I left off.

Sabz5150
09-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Guess the only thing that fits me is true tuner. I haven't done MAJOR modifications, but there's more sweat and blood in that car than in my own body. I moved away from having stickers on my ride to turning it into what I really want... a sleeper. Nothing outrageous on the outside, just looks like any other 3g with some cheap rims on it.

I want people to laugh at my car. Once.