PDA

View Full Version : removing pedal assembly

lostforawhile
09-18-2005, 07:59 AM
ok i think i've got it figured out,but i want to make sure there is nothing wierd i'm going to run into when i remove the pedals. it's been a long time since i removed that set from the lxi. i know the four bolts have to come out,the cables have to be disconnected,electrical connections at the brake and clutch switch,fuse box because the one bolt is attached to it. i can't remember if i had to lower the colum or not. i think i rotated the others over it. I've had these pedals made for years now, and it's about time to install them. then i'll have cruise too. :) anyone else know anything else i'm forgetting?http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050019_76.jpg

newaccorddriver
09-18-2005, 08:35 AM
im kinda interested in finding out too since im doing a 5 speed swap and need to put the pedals in soon

lostforawhile
09-18-2005, 08:41 AM
im kinda interested in finding out too since im doing a 5 speed swap and need to put the pedals in soonI can give you one tip, rebuild the 5 speed pedals before you instal them, if you can get all new bushings and stuff,they tend to get worn out over the years. I even powdercoated mine.

AccordEpicenter
09-18-2005, 09:00 AM
you have to drop the steering column to get them off, take your time and move things that are in your way

newaccorddriver
09-18-2005, 09:09 AM
you have to drop the steering column to get them off, take your time and move things that are in your way

is it easy to drop the steering column? im assuming its just a few screws holding it up, but i could be wrong

newaccorddriver
09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I can give you one tip, rebuild the 5 speed pedals before you instal them, if you can get all new bushings and stuff,they tend to get worn out over the years. I even powdercoated mine.

i wasnt aware you can rebuild the pedal assembly...

89T
09-18-2005, 04:18 PM
If you want to make it easy on you'r self remove all the pedal's mount the plate then reinstall the pedals.

no need to fool with the steering column.
if you do it right it will take half the time this way.

my $0.02

lostforawhile
09-24-2005, 09:19 AM
i wasnt aware you can rebuild the pedal assembly...there are bushings and things in there that wear out, i'm not sure if they are available from the dealer, i made mine from urthane and machined them, it took a long time, they should last another 260000 miles.

lostforawhile
09-24-2005, 09:21 AM
If you want to make it easy on you'r self remove all the pedal's mount the plate then reinstall the pedals.

no need to fool with the steering column.
if you do it right it will take half the time this way.

my $0.02it's hard enough to get the springs and stuff right with them on the bench i def don't want to screw with that under the dash. they have to be right,if they aren't you could have problems with your brakes and stuff.