PDA

View Full Version : Getting Z24 skirts!! Yay!@#!1

toastyghost
08-14-2002, 12:00 AM
These shits are dope..

Anyone who has used these (I know there's at least one 87 hatch with Z skirts on here) pls let me know if there's anything I need to do. Also I have the option of getting the door trim as well.. do I need this to go with the skirts? Will they look gh3y if I put them on without the door trim?

Also please describe how you mounted them. I'm planning to just make my own contoured bracket out of aluminum weather shearing or scrap metal or something, and screw them on. Are they the right length? Will I need to drill holes on my car and/or the skirts?

Sorry to sound like a n00b... I actually have a pretty clear idea of what I'm going to do, it would just be better to hear it from someone that's done it with those specific skirts before.

Thanks

pimp86LX
08-14-2002, 12:16 AM
:barf:

shepherd79
08-14-2002, 04:09 AM
i never seen them.
can you post the picture of them.

chronicsinners
08-14-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
:barf:
I second that...

dXsquared
08-14-2002, 07:28 AM
ive seen them and i have the same questions. some one reply?
Travis

toastyghost
08-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Quit puking up cum from last weekend, fagots. What you do on your own time is none of my business but I don't want it all over my thread.

I'm sick of the fucking flame.. I asked a few questions and got a few completely unrelated flame-ass answers. Fuck off.

Chevy Z trim looks fly as shit and any one of those cars could rip a 3G a new one with the possible exclusion of the Beretta. I hate to say it but the Z34 is my baby even more so than the Accord.

toastyghost
08-14-2002, 11:01 AM
Here it is and it's Hondaman87's car. Tell me this car does not look dope...

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=27594

88 Accord DX
08-14-2002, 02:58 PM
that is a tight looking car. what kind of bumper is that in the front?

toastyghost
08-15-2002, 01:47 AM
I believe he said he custom made that with fiberglass resin or something. I could be mistaken though, you might want to PM him about it.

pimp86LX
08-15-2002, 02:28 AM
blah those side skirts do'nt fit at all...it doesnn't flow with those sharp pertruding corners and such

hey, whatever floats yur boat! doesn't mean i can't point and laugh :barf:

HostileJava
08-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Were you able to order them or did you have to take them off of another car?

goldyaccord
08-15-2002, 10:57 PM
I do have to admit... I like what DaMan's done.

i can see how the skirts could be to SHarp but.. in a way it's fine. I really do like the front air dam and rear valiance. I"d be more interested in those pieces. BUT, I hate the rims :barf: , it just doesnt go with the look. maybe some 5 spokes withe a poilished lip would look way better. Each to his own opinion :D Neverless i like the car very much. I"d be interested in the "how to of the kit"......

Josh

toastyghost
08-16-2002, 12:36 AM
Sorry for above rudeness, I do see where you haters are coming from.. The car has kind of an angular symmetric look to it and you think that should be maintained with the kit. I think this looks good (like Xenon kit *drool*) but I don't think that's necessarily how it HAS to be. If everyone had angular ground effects we wouldn't see innovative shit like that hatch. I think that as long as the custom work on the bumpers maintains the same sharpness of the Z24 skirts, then they won't look out of place on the car. Time shall tell... I've revised my design for the custom bumpers I'll be making, and they are definitely a lot wilder looking. I'm really going for Aggressor-type styling without the price tag and I think I can pull it off. Pics in a a couple weeks probably. Of course I still haven't taken pics of the goddamn interior. That's another story...

HostileJava: I am getting the skirts from a dude I found on a Chevy Z board who is putting some aftermarket ones on his ride. I don't know of any place you can order them.

Btw even though I like the skirts, I'm not a huge fan of Cavs.. my baby is a Z34 not a Z24. And yes it will cook an ITR with a quickness. In bone stock form. :)

inflikti0n
08-16-2002, 03:20 AM
what year are the skirts from?

markmdz89hatch
08-16-2002, 06:13 AM
the z24 skirts on Hondaman's can be had from any z24 89-94 i think.

Yeah, he's right, that damn Lumina z34 will smoke the pants off a regular 3g. 3.4 L f.i. V6=more hp than a 2.0 L 4-banger. But I do think the 3G is way better looking. My opinion only. ...i'm not a big fan of the bigger cars.

I think that hondaman said that the front valence was originally from a kit for a new Camry.

killerb09
08-16-2002, 07:34 AM
89-94 aren'ty all teh same..there was a slight change in them from about 92 or so...the back part in front of teh wheel on teh newer ones is much higher then the older ones adn teh Z24 emblem is up about 1/4 the way....

markmdz89hatch
08-16-2002, 08:00 AM
good point. I think your right now that I think about it. My bad! I think it was '93 that they went with single color paint rather then the two tone w/silver at the bottom, and when they made the small change. I could be wrong though.

Either way, any from 89-94 should work though, right?

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 02:17 PM
What’s up yawl, well let me tell you what are they the front air dam is from a 90 Acura Integra its the lower part of the bumper cut up and flipped up side down and the rear valence is from a bmw 3 series and side skirts as u know are from the cavalier z24

And toastyghost I’m still getting the piece for the door and installing as for putting them on its pretty simple double sided tape and some screws and the only thing you have to do is cut a little piece on the front of the skirt if not it will hit the door

The side skirt looks different now I expended about 1/2 inch and covered the z24 imprint and covered the little hole on the front of the skirt that you have to cut in order to fit properly and I’m getting the 90-93 Integra aggressor kit the only thing I need from that kit is the front bumper and maybe the rear bumper but this set up was just a quickie for the car show that I had to attended that weekend

And if you all need any thing else let me know and I’ll try my best to help you

And for those who doesn't like my rims tough but they sure handle abuse better then other rims that I had in the past

And for those who love 5 spoke rims here it is

This are 18's

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 02:18 PM
another

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 02:19 PM
another 1

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 02:21 PM

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 02:21 PM
at work

Twisted 87lxi
08-16-2002, 05:14 PM
Chev Z skirts, Custom skirts, Xenon kit, Custom kits, I really don't think it matter WHAT you put on as long as it looks decent, whether its made for our cars or not. But if it's a custom job from another car I have to give even more props on em for the effort. I don't think you should listen to haters especially if they don't even have a kit for themselves (which meaning that their just straight up talking out of their ass or out of jealousy). I like the idea and hope it turns out alright.

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 05:32 PM
custom clear taillights and hood scoop

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 05:33 PM
another

hondaman87
08-16-2002, 05:34 PM

toastyghost
08-19-2002, 02:15 PM
I was saying before the Z34 will pound an Integra Type R (both stock form). And of course the Z is likely to gain more for comparable mods because it's pushing more fuel to begin with, being a 6-cylinder. A B18C5 engine in a 3G though, I dunno... the Z might go down to that because while it has more horsepower, the Accord is about a thousand pounds lighter.

Josias: how did you do those scoops? I was thinking of something kind of that style to work into the look for my car.

I'm thinking more like Predator-type trangular hood vents off to the sides though, since I'm going to have my Jamaican dude in the middle of the hood. I got the idea doing the shrink ink blot thing looking at what's left of the clear coat. It looks like a skinny Jamaican dude with dreads in a headband, standing with his arms crossed and a bong hanging out of his backpack. I swear to god I'm not crazy! I just noticed it and thought it was fitting because my car's name is Vapor because ejector on the receiver is busted so now it plays only my favorite album, Sublime - 40 oz to Freedom. I think the connection between Sublime and vapors is obvious. :)

Anyway that's enough body work rant for now. Until next time...

Oh yeah and Twisted thanks for the support. By your mod list it sounds like you got a phat ride, post some pics!!

Later,