PDA

View Full Version : New Engine Bay Pics!!!

superaccord
09-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Did some work under the hood!The valve cover was stock black,and the intake was chrome.I'm going to change the boots/hose to red shortly. Enjoy!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/595000-595999/595481_28_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/595000-595999/595481_29.jpg
These are old pictures!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/595000-595999/595481_16_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/595000-595999/595481_15_full.jpg

Deadhead
09-18-2005, 05:19 PM
looking good, what kind of paint did you decide on using for the gold? I heard you were having some trouble finding high temp gold.

88accordhb
09-18-2005, 05:41 PM
lookin good, mooogan!!

myaccord7
09-18-2005, 06:16 PM
what color of gold is that?

zach

Legend_master
09-18-2005, 06:25 PM
it looks good, but I think red would be a bit much for the boots and hoses. The gold really accents the engine bay well.

EricW
09-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Looks Good.

superaccord
09-18-2005, 07:04 PM
I decided to go with 5oo degree primer, then 2oo degree gold, then 5oo degree clear coat. Seems to be holding up beautifully.

halxi
09-18-2005, 07:09 PM
looks damn mint!

I still need to do mine, but nothing gets done until i get paid thursday. We should meet up saturday at 5:45 somewhere, and hopefully ill have all the wire/connectors i need to upgrade my engine grounds and relocate my battery, and maybe we can get that mesh in and repaint my valve cover... hmmmmm plans plans lol

btw, get on YIM damn you

Cheeseburger
09-18-2005, 07:16 PM
that looks sweet man good job!

halxi
09-18-2005, 08:09 PM
ohhhhh i just got an idea, know what might look killer?

mask off all the gold, then where the silver is on the valve cover, paint that black :D

frantik
09-18-2005, 08:46 PM
ohhhhh i just got an idea, know what might look killer?

mask off all the gold, then where the silver is on the valve cover, paint that black :D

that would be quite dope.. :rockon:

Hash_man_Se_i
09-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Looks good I really like the gold.

mkymonkey
09-19-2005, 01:41 PM
i dontknow if gold, black and red would work together. i just stick to a two color theme

halxi
09-19-2005, 02:53 PM
go with gold/black

Busted_Blue
09-19-2005, 04:15 PM
stock :D

halxi
09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
stock :D

Stock is for lamers with BMW wheels :lol:

lol jk BB

I honestly think the Gold/Black theme would work well, just get some black connectors like what i have, and call it good. Maybe paint the silver clamps the same gold as your valve cover to accent it

kaltenacht
09-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Looking good! I've been wanting to my cover for a while now... I was thinking of a blue color for mine.

superaccord
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Red/gold/black look great together. Look at the oil cap. MUGEN! thats all I have to say.oh, and thanks for the comments.

RiCANACCORD
09-19-2005, 07:22 PM
in a near future I bet that setup, which I like pretty much, would be considered rice. Anything that a bunch of people copy, may be then considered rice. That is my deduction from what I have analyzed. I haven't posted in a while, I just don't want to be banned again, for defending myself...

Cheeseburger
09-19-2005, 09:20 PM
in a near future I bet that setup, which I like pretty much, would be considered rice. Anything that a bunch of people copy, may be then considered rice. That is my deduction from what I have analyzed. I haven't posted in a while, I just don't want to be banned again, for defending myself...

dam "AGAIN" what was ur screen name before???? :rolleyes:

frankie89
09-19-2005, 09:22 PM
hey ricanaccord how ya been, hows puerto rico and all that you still have your accord..(sorry to be off topic)

Busted_Blue
09-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Stock is for lamers with BMW wheels :lol:

lol jk BB

nice low blow bitch. haha.

It looks decent, definitely not something I would do as wrinkle paint increases surface area to have better cooling (what a load of bull).

That mugen oil cap must've cost more than the intake itself! I say take a darker gold that matches the mugen oil cap and it will look twice as good! Take a look at new spark plug wires, like neuspeed (yellow) or something to go accent the darker gold from the mugen oil cap. Also a nice DC Sports header would look nice too (if you can find one :( )

Just please don't over do the accents as that will be the fate of it. =X

RiCANACCORD
09-20-2005, 12:50 PM
hey ricanaccord how ya been, hows puerto rico and all that you still have your accord..(sorry to be off topic)

frankie89 I'm doing pretty good, thanks... About Puerto Rico; it sucks! All I can say is that our indian ancestors probably behave better than we do in the present... Living here is basically a torture. People drive like crazy ( today someone with a truck was waving his vehicle into my lane trying to make me crash, dominicans are messing up my country, and taking the jobs of locals, crime rate is always rising, cops are even more dumb, and of course ineffectual. Perhaps the globe is all like this. Now I can understand those north americans who hate "mexicans"(latinos). Just imagine an impostor in ones country promoting every illegal thing, unrespecting law, and just not doing anything positive at all. Same thing happens here in PR.

My accord is always good thanks to the Lord!

About the chicks, well they are selfish so I don't like them at all, I think I'll stick to mary jane for the rest of my life... What a loser I am :-(

Hope you all are doing good here... BYE

Legend_master
09-20-2005, 01:20 PM
I think I'll stick to mary jane for the rest of my life... What a loser I am :-(

Hope you all are doing good here... BYE

well at least she never argues or bitches.

superaccord
09-20-2005, 02:37 PM
I just got new plug wires. LOL. They are stock for now. I'm not going to over do the accents, trust me. Why do you think my intake is black? I like the clean and simple import. Not none of this rice shit!!! And as far as Mugen becoming ricey...well, I doubt it. But I dont know what to tell you. Although with most things that became ricey, I do see where you are coming from. As far as painting my valve cover darker. I think I'll just get another mugen oil cap in a different color to match this valve cover. :naughty: LOL. Then have a different color valve cover to match the cap I have now. It's nice to change things up a bit. LOL. I have a pacesetter header on there. But no matter what high temp paint I decide to paint it with it always flakes. :dunno:So...yea.

RiCANACCORD
09-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I just got new plug wires. LOL. They are stock for now. I'm not going to over do the accents, trust me. Why do you think my intake is black? I like the clean and simple import. Not none of this rice shit!!! And as far as Mugen becoming ricey...well, I doubt it. But I dont know what to tell you. Although with most things that became ricey, I do see where you are coming from. As far as painting my valve cover darker. I think I'll just get another mugen oil cap in a different color to match this valve cover. :naughty: LOL. Then have a different color valve cover to match the cap I have now. It's nice to change things up a bit. LOL. I have a pacesetter header on there. But no matter what high temp paint I decide to paint it with it always flakes. :dunno:So...yea.

I did not say your setup was rice, I just said it could probably became rice when a dumb person said so. There is no need for you to be presuming that my country is full of ricers, even though it is, but the difference between ricers and non-ricers is that we do respect others likes, considering myself a ricer...

I can say your setup is cool, and in fact I do love stock looking cars with tasteful mods under the hood, or even stock at all, but then comes someone like you who would probably criticize a ricer for his likes. I beleive there is no reason for you to be judging my likes. If I'd ask for an opinion it would be ok for another person to contribute.

Best of wishes for you, and your ride...

carotman
09-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Get some VHT 1500F paint. This stuff holds quite well.

superaccord
09-21-2005, 06:39 PM
I did not say your setup was rice, I just said it could probably became rice when a dumb person said so. There is no need for you to be presuming that my country is full of ricers, even though it is, but the difference between ricers and non-ricers is that we do respect others likes, considering myself a ricer...

I can say your setup is cool, and in fact I do love stock looking cars with tasteful mods under the hood, or even stock at all, but then comes someone like you who would probably criticize a ricer for his likes. I beleive there is no reason for you to be judging my likes. If I'd ask for an opinion it would be ok for another person to contribute.

Best of wishes for you, and your ride...

Hmm...okay. Where to start? I didnt say that cars in your country were all rice. I didn't say anything about you or your country. All I said was that I dont personally like ricey shit. As I said "I do see where you are coming from".Meaning; I agree with your comment. I do respect other "ricers" being one myself, it would be wrong for me not to. I never judged your likes. I'm glad you contributed, thats why I post in the first place. I thank every one for commenting because I want to hear what people have to say. So, thank you. But no need to jump me. Read my post again. Make sure you have your facts straight. No wonder you keep getting banned. Thank you, and have a nice day.
As for all my other fellow 3geezers. Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate it. You guys are like a whole other family to me. Your always there to help when needed.

halxi
09-21-2005, 07:17 PM
yea, now we just need to get our ghettomesh in so we can be ricers together :bowrofl:

bullard123
09-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Do you want to sell your old AEM intake?

superaccord
09-22-2005, 02:10 PM
what do you mean my old intake? The chrome one? Its the same one. I just painted it.

logic
09-22-2005, 03:07 PM
All I would comment is that the intake was silver/chrome colored in the first place to reduce heat transferred to the incoming air.... Other than that it looks real nice!!! :cool:

superaccord
09-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Well, I thought about the heat thing. But eh...If if makes a difference it's not going to be that large of one. I'm in the process of looking for a new intake anyway.

halxi
09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Yea, you just painted the silver black right? didnt sand it down or anything?

Btw: get on YIM lol

superaccord
09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Nate. Would I ever paint anything without prepping it first? I Wet sanded it and got all the inperfections out. Then primed it/painted/clear.

halxi
09-22-2005, 09:33 PM
What i meant was, you didnt sand it down to the bare metal did you? Because that would be kind of foolish lol

BTW: good to go on your party on the 1st, i got the day after off so ill just sleep in my car or something so i dont have to drive

superaccord
09-23-2005, 09:56 AM
You can sleep in my house. And my intake was bare metal. It was chrome. lol.

racerx
09-26-2005, 08:20 PM
what kind of paint or coating did you use on the intake pipes?! HOT HOT HOT!!! Yowsa!

I've always wanted to change my plastic interior pieces to black anodized aluminum. mmmmmmm.... :eatarrow:

i like the valve cover too! it looks like a friggin block of 24K gold! BLING! :thumbup:

superaccord
09-26-2005, 10:04 PM
what kind of paint or coating did you use on the intake pipes?! HOT HOT HOT!!! Yowsa!

I've always wanted to change my plastic interior pieces to black anodized aluminum. mmmmmmm.... :eatarrow:

i like the valve cover too! it looks like a friggin block of 24K gold! BLING! :thumbup:
Hey, Haven't heard from you in a while. You comming to my party? Send me a pm. Anyway. I used black high temp gloss(500),High Temp primer and clear on the intake.