PDA

View Full Version : Dynomax Muffler (which one to buy?)

brianc85
08-14-2002, 01:22 AM
Ok im going to buy the Dynomax super turbo muffler. I am going to buy it at www.summitracing.com I have the stock piping on the car so i was swaying towards the 2in offset/center. After reading some posts though i realized that most people are buying the 2 1/4 inch or 2 1/2 inch mufflers. Do the people who are buying the bigger mufflers have custom piping? Also if I buy a bigger muffler and use sleeves to connect it will it be louder? Quieter? The last thing is that the 2in muffler comes in 2 sizes. One of them is 18in long and the other is 14. Im not worried about it fitting really cuz i can weld a piece of pipe in if I need it to be longer or cut off a piece if i need it to be shorter. My question with these two mufflers is: would there be any difference in sound between the two? I dont really know much more than the basics on mufflers but I would think that the shorter one would be louder since it gets through the muffler quicker. Am I right or wrong on this. Thanx for all the help!

Jims 86LXI HB
08-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Get the one with 2 1/2" in and out with side in and center out
part number is 17731 Any muffler shop will be able to adapt the smaller stock piping to the larger muffler piping. That way when you do create a custome cat back, you won't want to get a new muffler.

1988starter
08-14-2002, 06:49 AM
If you have not bought it yet check the shipping because I find them for 7 dollars more at advanced auto parts