PDA

View Full Version : Headliner removal

smufguy
08-14-2002, 04:07 AM
Hey everyone, i have my car totally stripped inside, no dash, no seats, carpets or anything, i need to take off the headliner. how do i go forth from this? i am gonna install a 3rd brake light on the top of the back window. and i gotta wire it. thanks.

YK86
08-14-2002, 07:29 AM
Unsnap all the side pillar pieces, remove all the mirrors and stuff, remove all the plastic clips and hangers, dome light, etc, and then starting from one side, unhook either the front or the back (there are 3 little clips if I remeber right). If your doing the front, then pull the whole thing towards the front and if your doing the back,pull towards the back. Kind of a bitch getting it angled right to get it out the door and puttiong it back in can be pretty frustrating too. You have to make sure all the holes and clips line up properly.

smufguy
08-14-2002, 02:16 PM
Thats what i thought, but i was scared about the unsnapping the side pillar part. man. that sound scares the shit out of me. . I wanna just do the back cause the light i wanna put in, goes on the back of it. Oh by the way, i got the LED light 3 of them for sale Each 50 bucks. if anyone wanna do a mod like that i can happily sell it to them. I bought it from malasyia when i went there, and it was dummy cheap. so i got 3 just in case anyone wants em. i posted a thread about it in the market place, i guess not many go there.

anyways, thanks Mr. Moderator :)

YK86
08-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Your welcome. Oh, when you take off the pillar pieces, remove the door liner thing, get a couple fingers between the metal part of the pillar and the plastic part and give it a nice tug and it should come out. Just don't force it too hard or it will break.