PDA

View Full Version : hehe opps.

kaltenacht
09-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Quick question. Everyone knows about the air hose that runs from the bottom of the airbox, to the top of the, i guess you would call it air intake? its the metal thing that has PGM-FI on it. what is that called? ne how, that air hose has two vacuum lines that run to it. What do those do? see the problem is, i broke the bottom one... hehe trying to figure out what it does.

EDIT, so i ran a search and found out that one of those vac lines contorls the MAP sensor, i think the thread said hose 12. What about the other one? would it hurt it just to run those two lines together into one line and rune that line into the short ram?

shepherd79
09-22-2005, 02:06 PM
you are wrong. the nose numbers are #17 (top) and #18 (bottom). #17 connects to EGR cotrol solenoid valve in the black box. It connects to the top of that solenoid.
line #18 connects to the fast idle control solenoid and A/T idle control solenoid valve (they both connected together).
i know i can disconnect mine and my car will run just fine. if you have problems with EGR or fast idle, you may want to reconect them.