PDA

View Full Version : headgasket???

military mase
09-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Well i've been doing some research/searching and tring to find a headgasket for the accord for the turbo setup. I wanted to go with a copper gasket but was wondering isn't it a bad choice to go with that cuz the head does move a little and you'll have to torque the bolts all the time. I tried calling Cometic and get them to make me a Multi Layer Metal gasket but they couldnt. How good is a OEM gasket??? Are there any other options??

shepherd79
09-21-2005, 03:10 PM
i know people use OEM ones and they are fine.

military mase
09-21-2005, 05:18 PM
for the boosted guys how much boost have you ran with a OEM gasket. For right now the highest i'm going to go is 12. Should this be O.K.??

rjudgey
09-26-2005, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't use OEM their pretty rubbish for the money, only option really and thats a Felpro Blue performance gasket, they should still make them they are teflon coated and don't stick to the block or head. I have one in mine but mines a N/A setup but with over 200bhp so probably takes just as much of a punding as a turbo setup. The copper gasket is the way to go, but you need to make sure that the chambers seal properly theirs a guy in the U.K who makes sealing rings that go inbetween the gasket and the head, and then he uses a special copper additive to seal the gasket to the head and block to stop the water from leaking. But to be honest even a normal head gasket on a Iron block and ally head needs re-torquing every now and then anyways!!